DIVISION Four promotion hopefuls Bath Road and Bremhill View Boys did little to boost their hopes of catching runaway leaders Corsham Centre Youth but both side will be happy to take a point apiece from their encounter at Beversbrook as their 1-1 draw means that both teams remain in the hunt for what will be the runners up spot.

Liam Jones scored from the penalty spot to give Bremhill the lead, this was cancelled out by the second penalty of the game that saw Tim Knight score from 12 yards to square things up.

Bremhill had a chance to take all three points at the death when they were awarded another penalty after Ade Detazn was sent off for tipping a goalbound shot from Dave Lymath over the bar.

Liam Jones stepped up to take the spot kick but his effort was saved by Ryan Clifford and shortly after the full time whistle brought an entertaining contest to an end.

Oakhill 1 Cross Keys Rowde 2

OAKHILL, who moved into second spot last weekend after their shock win over Bath Road, came down to earth with a bang after they were beaten 2-1 by a Cross Keys Rowde who had not played in nearly three months.

With neither side able to force an opening in the first half but the deadlock was finally broken by Rory Collins who put Rowde ahead. Glyn Rowles then doubled their lead before Jermaine Browne pulled a goal back for Oakhill to set up a tense finish which Rowde saw out to take their unbeaten run to five matches.

The Mallard 0 Corsham Centre Youth 6

A 6-0 VICTORY for Corsham Centre Youth at The Mallard earned them win number 13 of the season that gave them a 14-point gap over second-placed Oakhill and confirmed their position in division three for next season with five matches still to play.

In what was their first away league match this year it took some time get into their stride but on 15 minutes they moved up a gear and good work by Darrin Moss on the left hand side saw him drive a cross into the box which was turned home by James Lye.

Good footwork from man of the match Adrian Webb saw him delicately knock home number two on 30 minutes. A handball in the area let Lye casually knock in his second and Centre’s third on 40 minutes.

A solid performance from the back four of Sam Thomson, Sam Hodsell, Stuart Tutty and Adam Casserly never allowed the Mallard many opportunities.

The second half was very much the same as the first, on 55 minutes Adam Shipman beat two players before driving in number four from an acute angle.

Good skills and a cross from Ben Thomson allowed Darrin Moss to knock home number five on 70 minutes and 10 minutes from time Adam Shipman skipped past two players and crossed for the returning Mark Sharratt to tap home the Centre 6th and final goal.

The match was played in a great spirit and excellently refereed by the experienced Adie Hunt.

MATCH OFF: Miller Sports B v White Horse (Sunday) B