Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text WILTS TIMES to 80360 or email us
Make and do - Egg Box Creatures
3:58pm Monday 5th January 2009 in Leisure
Have fun making your own creepy crawlies out of old egg cartons and pipe cleaners.
For the Egg Box Creatures, you will need:
- An egg box
- Some bottle tops
- White paper and a pen
- Pipe cleaners
- Sticky tape
This should take 30 minutes
1. First to make his body, take the scissors and very carefully cut out two of the egg cups. Ask a grown up to help you as scissors are sharp.
2. Hold three pipe cleaners together in the middle and bend the top pipe cleaner upwards and the bottom one downwards.
3. Stick them together in the middle with some sticky tape. These are your ant's legs.
4. Take another pipe cleaner and cut it in half. One half will make the antennae. Bend it around to make the right shape.
5. Bring the body back in and stick everything together.
6. Use bottle tops as eyes and stick them on using sticky tape. He's ready to paint, you can use any colour you like.
7. He's ready to paint and you can use any colour you like - this one's bright red.
8. If you have more time, you could make an egg box caterpillar.