Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text WILTS TIMES to 80360 or email us
Redditch (House of Commons)
Ms Karen Lumley MP (Conservative)
Surgery: 8th September 2012 Sainsburys Saturday 10am 12pm
14th September 2012 Inkberrow Church Hall
Church Lench Friday 4.45pm 5.45pm
Friday 6pm 7pm
5th October 2012 Redditch Town Hall, Room 6 Friday 5pm 7pm
20th October 2012 Tesco Oakenshaw Saturday 10am 12pm
2nd November 2012 Feckenham
Cookhill Friday 4.45pm 5.45pm
Friday 6pm 7pm
9th November 2012 Redditch Town Hall, Room 6 Friday 5pm 7pm
17th November 2012 Morrisons Supermarket Saturday 10am 12pm
14th December 2012 Redditch Town Hall, Room 6 Friday 5pm 7pm
Surgery Tel: 01527 591334
MP Since - 2010 Majority - 5,821 Born - 1964, Married (Richard), 1 daughter, 1 son
Education - Rugby High School for Girls. East Warwickshire College (Business studies).
Previous Occupation - Has worked for the Ford Motor Company as a trainee accountant (1982-1984). Assistant Accountant with the John Bull Group, Wrexham (1984-85). Company secretary for RKL Geological Services Ltd (1990-2010). Political Consultant for the Westminster Foundation for Democracy's Conservative Programme.
Personal Overview - Former Welsh Conservative who has successfully gained an English seat at the third attempt. Has local government leadership experience serving on several local Councils, including as a party Group Leader on Wrexham Borough Council (1991-96). Likely to be interested in education and young people, she has been a governor at two local schools and has been Treasurer of the Wrexham branch of Save The Children (1995-2000). Her work with the Westminster Foundation for Democracy has seen her travel to a number of countries in Eastern Europe including Moldova and Montenegro. Was active in the local campaign to save the Alexandria Hospital.
Political History - Councillor, Wrexham Maelor Borough Council (1991-96). Clwyd County Council Councillor (1993-96), Redditch Borough Council Councillor (2001-03). Deputy chair for the Welsh Young Conservatives (1986-87) and the Welsh Conservative Party (1999-2000). Stood in the 1997 General Election (Delyn) and 1999 Welsh Assembly Elections. Has been a Party spokesman in Wales on local government (1997). General Election candidate for Redditch (2001, 2005). MP Redditch (2010-). Member of the Welsh Affairs Select Committee (2010-). Member of the Transport Select Committee (2012-).
Characteristics - Member of the Urban Investment Grant Panel (1994-97). Former Chairman of Managers at the Wrexham Pupil Referral Unit. Has been Chairman of Governors at Vaynor First School in Redditch. Enjoys Reading, knitting, jet skiing and cooking. Can speak French.
Business Tel: 020 7219 3000
Interests: Constitutional,Foreign Affairs,Education & Training,Health,Charities
- Transport Committee (Member)
- Welsh Affairs Committee (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Body Image (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Bullying (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Choice at the End of Life (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for European Reform (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Improving Patient Access to Medical Technology (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Packaging Manufacturing Industry (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Telehealth Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Wholesale Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Women and Enterprise (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Youth Affairs (Member)
- Azerbaijan Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Bosnia and Herzegovina (Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Macedonia (Chairman)
- All-Party British-Maldives Parliamentary Group (Secretary)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Moldova (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Serbia (Chairman)
- British-Ukraine Group (Member)
West Midlands (European Parliament)
Ms Anthea McIntyre MEP (Conservative)
MEP Since - 2009 Born - 29/06/1954 Married (to Frank Myers MBE).
Education - Queens College.
Previous Occupation - Joined MCP Systems consultants as a trainee (1985). Partner in MCP Consultants (1991-), an independent consultancy specialising in business intelligence systems. Partner in Wythall Estate, a family small-holding enterprise.
Personal Overview - An experienced political campaigner who entered the European Parliament in December 2011 after an additional UK seat had been created following the Lisbon Treaty. She had previously stood for election to the European Parliament in 2009 She has a successful business background and has managed large international projects for large companies such as IBM, 3M and GEC in the UK and Europe. Was notable as being the youngest County Councillor in England in 1977 when elected to Hereford and Worcester County Council. She has also been an Ambassador for the Federation of Small Business Real Life Entrepreneur Campaign and is a former FSB County Secretary.
Political History - Councillor, Hereford and Worcester County Council (1977-85). Regional Chairman of the 1999 European Election campaign. General Election Candidate for Warley West (1983), Redditch (1997), Shrewsbury and Atcham (2001). MEP West Midlands Region (2011-). Conservative Employment Spokesman (2012-).
Other Information - Won the European Woman of Achievement Award for Business. Has been Chair of the Herefordshire Conservative Business Forum She is a Sunday School Teacher. Her family have lived in Wythall in Herefordshire since 1520. She has an interest in wildlife photography.
Intergroups - N/a.
Business Tel: +32 (0)2 28 45106
Interests: Business & Finance,Agriculture
- Agriculture & Rural Development (Substitute)
- Civil Liberties, Justice & Home Affairs (Member)
- Employment & Social Affairs (Substitute)
Information supplied by Goveval. Send feedback to email@example.com