Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text WILTS TIMES to 80360 or email us
Woman admits danger drive that hit man
12:00pm Friday 16th August 2013 in News
A woman, accused of leaving a man with injuries after her car mounted a pavement, has been banned from the road.
Laura Mack was put on an interim disqualification after pleading guilty to dangerous driving at Swindon Crown Court last Friday.
The 32-year-old admitted driving a Ford Focus car dangerously in Bradley Road in Trowbridge on May 9.
But Mack, of Southwick Road, North Bradley, denied attempting to cause grievous bodily harm to Simon Parker in the collision.
The 28-year-old suffered bruises and grazing when the car mounted a pavement, near Trowbridge Town’s Woodmarsh Ground, at 9.15am.
Colin Meeke, prosecuting, said the pleas were acceptable to the Crown and they would not seek a trial.
David Maunder, defending, said Mack had been on bail and a curfew had been removed, as she was working nights as a carer.
Judge Douglas Field, adjourning the case until September 6 and renewing bail, said: “You have just pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, so I impose an interim disqualification.”