Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text WILTS TIMES to 80360 or email us
Family rescued in Longleat lions enclosure as car bursts into flames
2:05pm Saturday 19th April 2014 in News
A family were rescued from the lions enclosure at Longleat Safari & Adventure Park yesterday after their car overheated and caught fire.
Park rangers moved quickly to rescue the woman and two children from the vehicle before it burst into flames.
Visitor George Lear, who witnessed the drama, said: "The lions just kept their distance and didn't take their eyes off the fire and smoke.
"The rangers were pushing them back but they were reluctant on moving away as they looked interested."
Mr Lear said: "The car slowly caught fire and then the whole thing went up leaving the place filled with black smoke."
Kevin Ashley, from the safari park, said the lions were cleared from the enclosure and the park was closed.
He said the fire was put out quickly and no visitors or animals were hurt.
Comments are closed on this article.