WARMINSTER Town claimed another Wiltshire Senior Cup scalp as they shocked Calne Town 3-2 at Weymouth Street.

Jason Guy's side, who beat Devizes Town in the previous round, secured their passage to the semi-finals with a tenacious performance against a curiously off-colour Calne outfit.

Warminster started the better and created the first opening when Ben Fitch volleyed Matt Guy's deep centre across goal after four minutes.

Soon after Calne's Dan King saw his free kick bounce dangerously around the six yard box, and the same man blazed a shot over when the ball was half-cleared.

The home side's best chance of the half came on 11 minutes, when Louis Sparey beat the offside trap but pulled wide of the post with only Jason Grubb to beat.

Warminster stopper Jamie McGuckian nearly gifted Calne the opener mid-way through the half when he let a regulation take bounce off his knee and the ball came to Gary Banks.

Banks' shot was weak and Simon Mead looked to have it covered, but the ball bobbled over his boot and clipped the outside of the post in a bizarre near-miss.

McGuckian atoned for his error by tipping another Banks effort round the post after the striker had played a neat one-two with James Lye.

Warminster winger Tom Welch has several efforts just after the half hour but that was to be the last goalmouth action of the first period.

Four minutes after the restart Ben Moore smashed a volley over the bar and The Lilywhites were made to pay for the missed opportunity seconds later.

Greg Lewis played a clever ball in behind the defence and Louis Sparey squared for Matt Guy, who placed the ball high into the net with Grubb all at sea.

Tom Welch and Louis Sparey both skied glorious chances soon after as Warminster looked likely to extend the advantage.

But on 68 minutes Calne equalised out of nowhere. Matt Ralph delivered a pinpoint cross from the right and James Lye rose unmarked to head into the corner of the net.

Seven minutes later, though, Warminster were back in front as Mike Reaney played in Sparey from deep and he applied a cultured finish over the diving Grubb.

The game looked over with 11 minutes to play when Welch tried to cut inside his man in the area, and the ball rolled to Matt Guy, who slid home at the near post.

Calne's frustrating afternoon got worse on 81 minutes, when Lye had what seemed a legal goal ruled out for offside.

Dan Lardner pulled one back in the third minute of injury time with a superb drive, but seconds after the restart, referee Adam Nunn blew for full time and Warminster's passage into the semi-finals was assured.