FRIDAY MAY 19
- Walk for Health meet at Leighton Recreation Centre, Westbury, at 10.30am for five-mile walk at Penleigh and Dilton Marsh. Inquiries (01225) 760492/755727, (01373) 302956 or (01985) 215969.
- Luncheon Club, Longfield Community Centre, Trowbridge. Inquiries (01225) 351084 or 07709 724900.
- Tin Tots parent/carer and toddler group, St Mary's Church Hall, Horse Rd, Hilperton, 9.45-11.30am. Also Mondays.
- French Twinning Association boules, Bell on the Common, Broughton Gifford, 6.30pm. Non-members very welcome. Inquiries Richard (01225) 704197.
- Baby massage course, St Mary's School Sports Centre, Calne. Inquiries (01249) 730129.
SATURDAY MAY 20
- Strawberry Fair, St Louis Primary, Welshmill Lane, Frome, 11am-1pm, with BBQ, strawberries and cream, cream teas, country dancing, stalls and grand raffle.
- Flautissimo musical eveningorganised by Sarah Bird, Sheldon Church, Chippenham, 7.30 pm. In aid of church funds and Chippenham Gateway.
- Christian Aid lunch, Lambert Centre, Mount Pleasant, Bradford on Avon, 12 noon-2pm. Details from (01225) 866172.
- Plant sale, Southwick Village Hall, 10am-noon. Refreshments. Proceeds to Southwick Allotment Association.
- Third workshop by Vivian Ting on Chinese aesthetics, Museum of East Asian Art, Bath, 11am-12.30pm. Free but advance booking required. Also Recycling Connections, Museum of East Asian Art, Bath, 2-3.30pm. All ages but under sixes must be accompanied by an adult, £4. Inquiries (01225) 464640.
- Bradford Choral and Orchestra concert, Wiltshire Music Centre, Bradford on Avon, 7.30pm. Tickets £15/£14 from (01225) 860100.
- The Pearlies plus young musical talent, Peace Memorial Hall, North Bradley, 7.30pm. Tickets £5, concessions £3 to include refreshments from (01225) 768733/752710 or (01373) 826177.
- Coffee morning and plant sale by Box Gardening Club, Selwyn Hall, 9.30am-noon.
- Jumble sale, Freshford Memorial Hall, 2pm. In aid of the village youth club.
- Kennet and Avon canal cruises, The Lock, Frome Road, Bradford on Avon. Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays 11.30am and 2.30pm, Wednesdays 2.30pm. Inquiries (01225) 868683.
- The Bridge Project Saturday Club, Clarendon School, Trowbridge, 10am-1pm. For adults with mental health needs and their unpaid carers. Inquiries (01225) 358564.
- Exhibition of Bath Society of Artists, Victoria Art Gallery, Bridge Street, Bath, Tuesday-Friday 10am-5.30pm, Saturday 10am-5pm, Sunday 2-5pm.
- Meet the Artists: Sandy Parle, Lisa Norman and Jennifer Davidson talk about their methods followed by questions, 2.30pm, Rostra Gallery, George Street, Bath. Refreshments provided, admission free.
- Plant sale run by Corsham Gardeners Society, Corsham Town Hall, 10am.
SUNDAY MAY 21
- St Mary's School choir in concert, St John the Baptist Church, Foxham, 3.30pm. To be followed by a garden party to be held in the grounds of Cadenham Manor. Tickets £12.50 adults, £7.50 children, proceeds going to the Church Roof Fund, from the Rev Jim Scott and from (01249) 740288 and cover both events.
- Whist, The Jolly Huntsman, Kington St Michael, 8pm. £1 per person. Proceeds to village organisations. Inquiries (01249) 750550.
- Bradford on Avon Bowls Club Open Day, 11am-4pm, Culver Close, near the Tithe Barn. Come along, try the game and make new friends. Details from Eileen on (01225) 862652 or Roger on (01225) 862413.
- West Wilts Ramblers 10 1/2-mile walk at Kilmersdon, Hemington, Mells, Vobster and Babington. Meet at 10am. Bring lunch. Inquiries (01225) 765238.
- West Kington open gardens, 11am-5pm. Refreshments, sale of plants and preserves. Proceeds to church and Send-a-Cow charity. Inquiries (01249) 782218/782267.
- Craft fair, Lacock Village Hall, 11am-6pm.
MONDAY MAY 22
- Chippenham Town Band practices, The Cause, The Causeway, Chippenham, 7.15-9.15pm. Inquiries (01249) 657654.
- Courses for adults at Wiltshire College advice session, Westbury library. Part of adult learners week.
- Urban dance classes for children and young adults, Studley Green Community Centre, Trowbridge, over-11s, 7.45-9.15pm.
R&B, hip-hop, break dancing and more. Also Fridays for under-11s, 6.30-8pm. Classes also available for people with limited learning and/or physical abilities. Inquiries Hannah 07786 145212 or just turn up on the night.
- Inventing a Space, exhibition of atmospheric video and photographic images by Ana Bilankov, Croatian artist, ICIA Art Space, University of Bath, weekdays 10am-5pm. Free. Until June 9.
TUESDAY MAY 23
- Christian Malford Luncheon club, 12.30pm at the Village Hall.
- Walk for Health meet at Old Road, Upton Scudamore, at 10.30am for three-mile walk at Old Dilton. Inquiries (01225) 760492/755727, (01373) 302956 or (01985) 215969.
- Quiz, Rising Sun, Christian Malford. Teams of four or five, £5 per team. Proceeds to MS Society.
- Sapphire Majorette Troupe practice, Matravers School, Westbury, 6-8pm. Girls and boys from seven years welcome. Also Wednesdays.
- Calpe Singers, Westbury Methodist Church, 7-9pm. Inquiries (01373) 825794.
- Diary Drawings exhibition by Bobby Baker of her experiences of suffering from profound and enduring mental health problems. Part of University of Bath's Mental Health Week. ICIA Art Space 2, University of Bath, 10am-5pm, weekdays, free.
- WEDNESDAY MAY 24
- Family bingo, Southwick Village Hall, 7.45pm, adm 50p. In aid of Southwick and North Bradley Scout and Guide Band.
- West Wilts Ramblers 101/2-mile walk at Heytesbury, Sherrington, Knook Down. Meet at 10.15am. Bring lunch or ring (01225) 862702 three days before for lunch at George Hotel.
- Trowbridge Walking Forum meet at Southwick Country Park car park at 10.30am for two-and-a-half-mile walk. Inquiries (01225) 753735/760492/755639/ 766668. Bus 234.
- Trowbridge United Church open, 10.30-11.30pm. Coffee and Traidcraft goods.
THURSDAY MAY 25
- Fashion Show presented by SASSY Fashions, Foxham Village Hall, in aid of the Friends of St Mary's Church. Doors open 7pm, show starts 8pm. Tickets £3 from Fi Dobson on (01249) 782402.
- Winsley and District Gardening Club, 7.30pm, Village Hall. Speaker Catrina Saunders on the National Trust's New Approach to Open Gardens and plant sale. Open to all, non-members £2. Details (01225) 723813.
- Folk at the Oak club, The Royal Oak, Corsham, 8.30pm, £2 (01225) 309115 or (01249) 713607.
- Singles Social Club, The Mill House Inn, Methuen Park, Chippenham, 8.30pm.
- Mr Wilkins' Shilling, Women's Northwest Clog Morris, Methodist Church Hall, Northend, Batheaston, 8-10pm. Inquiries (01225) 869086.