Electrical fault sparks West Ashton garage fire

First published in Trowbridge

An electrical fault is believed to have caused a blaze in the garage of a home in West Ashton.

The fire was tackled by 24 firefighters after the alarm was raised at 4.55pm last Thursday.

The A350 was closed as crews from Trowbridge, Bradford on Avon and Warminster worked to extinguish the blaze, which started in a garage at The Grange containing aerosol cans and other artist’s equipment.

The fire crews put the fire out and left the scene at 7.33pm.

Guy Tadman, watch manager at Trowbridge Fire Station, said: “Tackling the fire was hampered by a number of small explosions caused by paint tins and aerosols.

“The damage to the garage was extensive and we believe the fire was started by an electrical fault in the garage.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree