Keevil pensioner treated after house fire

Keevil pensioner treated after house fire

Keevil pensioner treated after house fire

First published in Trowbridge

An elderly man was kept in hospital last night after he suffered smoke inhalation at his home in Keevil.

The man, understood to be in his 80s, was alerted to a fire in a faulty freezer at his home on Main Street by his smoke alarm at around 9.45pm.

He was taken outside by neighbours while two fire crews from Trowbridge and one from Melksham worked to extinguish the fire.

The man was taken to the Royal United Hospital in Bath, where he stayed overnight.

The road into the village was closed for two hours while the fire engines were in attendance.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree