Train services into London are experiencing significant delays because of a failure of line side equipment in the Hayes area between Slough and Paddington.
This has resulted in only two of the four railway lines being available for use. Therefore, First Great Western is operating a significantly reduced service between Reading and London Paddington.
Full details of the alterations can be found at www.journeycheck.com/firstgreatwestern
The following alternative options are available for customers wishing to travel to/from London Paddington:
- South West Trains Services between Reading and London Waterloo
- Transport For London Buses in the Outer London Area
- London Underground Services from Ealing Broadway
- Virgin Trains/Cross Country Services to London Euston
- Chiltern Services via Banbury to Marylebone
- It is anticipated that this disruption will continue until noon today.