Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text WILTS TIMES to 80360 or email us
Melksham teen’s telly date
12:00pm Friday 11th January 2013 in Latest News
The friends and family of Melksham 18-year-old Bianca Harris will be hoping it’s not lights out this Saturday, as she appears on ITV1’s Take Me Out.
Bianca, of Churchill Avenue, joined the ranks of the ‘flirty thirty’ at the end of last week’s show, and will now be appearing as one of the single girls vying for a date this Saturday night.
Even though she only appeared on screen for a moment on Saturday, she’s already attracting attention.
She said: “I watched it with my friends and even though I was barely on it I was cringing all the way through, I hated watching myself.
“As soon as I was on, my phone crashed and I couldn’t see any of the messages I was getting on there.
“People were texting and tweeting me about it when they saw me on TV. The attention’s all been good, but when I’m on it a bit more I’m sure there’ll be some people with negative things to say.
“It’s all a bit of fun, though, no-one really takes it seriously.”
Miss Harris works in Trowbridge as a credit controller for Wilts Electrical Wholesalers – a world away from the glitz and glamour of Saturday night prime time TV.
“We filmed the shows over two weeks in November, doing an episode a night,” she said. “All the girls got on really well, so it was always a laugh, and Paddy was lovely. He’s really nice to everyone, and off-screen he’s such a funny guy,” she said.
“I definitely don’t like being back in reality now.”
The show, fronted by Paddy McGuinness, sees a series of eligible men bidding to win a date with one of the array of single women, before jetting off on a romantic island getaway.
Miss Harris said: “I have always watched the show, but was never old enough to apply for it. I saw they were doing auditions in Bristol, so I applied for a laugh. I didn’t ever expect to be chosen.
“I didn’t go on to find a husband or anything, but it’s all been a lot of fun.”
Bianca has been supported on the show by parents Ian and Sally and two older sisters Laura and Lucy .
Dad Ian said: “I was really pleased for her when she heard she’d been accepted on the show. I’m not at all worried about her – she can certainly handle herself, I suppose only time will tell whether she embarrasses me or not.
“She’s only 18, so I’m hoping nothing serious comes from it. We’ll just have to wait and see if she gets picked.”
Take Me Out is on this Saturday at 8.30pm.
Comments are closed on this article.