Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text WILTS TIMES to 80360 or email us
Workman injured in Trowbridge undergoing medical tests
12:45pm Wednesday 20th March 2013 in Latest News
A workman who was electrocuted this morning on the building site of Trowbridge Rugby Club’s new ground is currently receiving treatment at Royal United Hospital in Bath.
It is believed, the 37-year-old man, from Cold Ashton, in Bristol, went into cardiac arrest when the crane he was standing near made contact with live electricity cables at the grounds, in Devizes Road, at 9am.
Medical staff resuscitated the man at the scene, using a defibrillator and he was given drug therapy to restore his heart rhythm, before he was taken by Wiltshire Air Ambulance to RUH arriving at 9.30am.
The man, who was unconscious throughout the journey, was anaesthetised in the A&E department and had CT scan to see if 11,000 volts of electricity that went through him have caused any brain damage.