Fire in Bradford shop causes traffic chaos

Wiltshire Times: Fire in Bradford shop cause traffic chaos Fire in Bradford shop cause traffic chaos

There was traffic chaos in Bradford on Avon this morning after a fire broke out in the basement of The Olive Tree shop in Market Street.

A crew from Bradford on Avon and Trowbridge attended the electrical fuse box fire at 10am. Two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet was used and the last pump left at 12.05pm.

Dave Knight, owner of The Olive Tree, said: “The lights started flashing in the shop so I went into the basement to have a look at the fuse box and I saw flames.

“I got the extinguisher but I had to stay down there as there was no isolation switch and it kept relighting.

“The fire brigade sorted it all out. They did cause traffic to build up in the town but they didn’t have much of a choice.”

Mr Knight was checked by paramedics for smoke inhalation but he returned to the shop and it was reopened two hours after the incident.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree