CORSHAM Park Rangers consolidated their position at the top of Division Three after their 2-0 victory at Bremhill View Boys.

However Tim Spear’s side saw their better goal difference butchered by FC Buscots' heavy win, Buscots remaining as joint custodians of the number one spot on 20 points with Rangers.

Rangers were guilty of missing a host of chances but were content with maximum points after goals from Kent Kauppinen on 11 minutes and Kadir Ayhan on 61 minutes wrapped up win number 10 of the season for them.

Cavalier FC 0 PSC Galaxy 8

WITH their home pitch at Sands Lane, Rowde unplayable Andy Holman’s Cavalier side were happy to give up home advantage and make the short trip to Market Lavington to take on title hopefuls PSC Galaxy who had already beaten them 7-1 back in September.

Cavalier’s last game saw them claim a massive cup shock against first division Castle FC but they were unable to cause another upset as the result went to form as Galaxy claimed an 8-0 win.

Goals from Neil Clark, Darren Brown and Wayne House put Galaxy 3-0 in front at the break and five more unanswered goals in the second period completed their easy win.

Clark added a second to his first half effort, Steven House netted two and singles from Pete Huntley and Craig Campbell made up the eight.

Christian Malford 3 Pig & Whistle United A 2

CHRISTIAN Malford stole the points with two goals in the last five minutes to beat Pig & Whistle A 3-2 at their Kington Langley home and record their first double of the season.

On a heavy pitch, Pig & Whistle seemed to adapt the better with their forwards, Paul Revening and Rob O’Harrow in particular troubling the Malford defence.

After only four minutes Malford failed to completely clear a corner from the left and Pig & Whistle’s Paul Matthews scored with a low drive from outside the penalty area that hit the post on it’s way in to give them a 1-0 lead.

Pig & Whistle were dominating the midfield and it was a little against the run of play in the 14th minute when Malford’s Rob Lowe found centre-forward Dave Brown with a nice pass that he fired home to bring the scores level at 1-1.

Pig & Whistle were soon back on top and Malford had keeper Gerald Fawcitt to thank for a point-blank save at the feet of Rob O’Harrow to deny Pig & Whistle the lead.

After 20 minutes Malford had no complaint when Pig & Whistle were awarded a penalty after O’Harrow was brought down in the area.

He took the penalty himself and made no mistake to give Pig & Whistle a 2-1 lead.

Despite having one or two close shaves, Malford kept out the Pig & Whistle attacks and were a little fortunate to go in at half time with the 2-1 scoreline in favour of Pig & Whistle.

Immediately after the restart, Malford thought they had equalised when Malford’s Kieran Shiels chased down a back pass to Pig & Whistle keeper Steven Sims and the keeper’s clearance cannoned off his back and into the net.

Referee Oderico Rossi however felt the ball had come off the Malford player’s raised elbow and disallowed the goal.

For the next 25 minutes, Pig & Whistle were clearly on top but could not extend their lead.

Gradually Malford were beginning to get the upper hand in midfield as Pig & Whistle seemed to tire.

Malford were now dominating the game were also finding a goal hard to come by as several attempts were either saved or went wide.

Finally Malford equalised in the 86th minute when the Pig & Whistle defence hesitated at a corner and centre half Stephen Lynch headed home to level the scores at 2-2.

Malford were now rampant and took the lead after a fine run and cross by Rob Lowe was hit home by Kieran Shiels for 3-2.

A minute later with Pig & Whistle throwing players forward, Malford should have scored again when their full back Jamie Frayling after winning the ball in his own area set off on a run all the way down the pitch, crossing the ball to the right before racing into the area to meet the return ball he somehow hit the ball over the crossbar with an empty goal in front of him.

However the miss was not costly as play ended with Malford completing a smash and grab raid and a 3-2 win that left Pig & Whistle feeling they had been mugged of the points.

FC Buscots 11 North Star B 1
FC BUSCOTS may have breezed to an 11-1 win at lowly North Star B and while their victory saw them extend their winning run to 10 games.

Phil Little started the ball rolling for Buscots and Luke Enderby’s brace gave them a half time lead.

Enderby made it 4-0 as he completed the first hat trick of the game.  Rob Drown and Nick Oram added three apiece and Adam Bewley’s single made up the 11.  Michael Taraskevics replied for North Star. 

Pack Horse Rangers 7 Talbot FC 4

PACK Horse Rangers were another side who gave up home advantage to save a game - and their efforts for switching from Stanley Park to Priestly Grove, Calne for their second meeting of the season with Talbot FC were rewarded as a 7-4 win saw them end a three-match winless and end their hosts four-match winning streak.

The first half hour of the game were totally dominated by the Pack Horse who totally outfought and outclassed a more than lacklustre Talbot.

Veteran midfielder Darren Legg was the architect of the majority of most of the visitors' forward play and his dominance put the Chippenham side on the front foot, creating a succession of chances which were greedily dispatched by the striking pair of Simon McCarthy and Ben Butterfield, with the latter scoring twice and the former claiming a hat-trick.

With the score at 5-0 the Talbot were thrown a lifeline late in the half a Dean Fry free kick from deep was met by Legg, his clearing header cannoned of the bar and was met by Vic Long who couldn't miss the rebound from three yards.

With two substitutions made at half time Talbot seemed to grasp the fact that they were now in 2013 and within a minute they doubled their tally through Mark Sharratt.

A further quick fire goal from Aaron Clegg put the Bees further back in the match and an astonishing comeback appeared to be a possibility.

The yellow and blacks applied constant pressure to the Pack Horse back line but with chances being spurned and bodies committed in the opposition's half there was always a chance Pack Horse could hit on the break which proved to be the case when McCarthy scored his fourth of the game.

Sharratt quickly replied with his second to keep the game in the balance, but the result became a formality when Butterfield earned his side a dubious penalty which was powered home by Legg.