WITH the weather claiming the all-Premier Division presstoprint-sponsored Knockout Cup quarter-final clash between Biddestone Social and Bradford Renegades and Westbury Rangers being unable to raise a team for the other top flight battle with The Castle FC, the spotlight fell elsewhere.

It was second division high flyers FC Buscots who caused the shock of the day by disposing of first division leaders Prestige Bodyworks, who went into the tie as favourites but crashed out after suffering a 4-1 defeat.

With their own pitch at Nurstead Road unavailable, Buscots spent most of Saturday hunting for another venue and finally came up trumps with a pitch at Christie Miller.

The Devizes-based side were then rewarded for their efforts in getting the fixture played, Phil Little’s goal giving them a half-time lead.

Adam Bewley doubled Buscots lead before Zac Klukowski pulled a goal back for Prestige but it proved little more than a consolation as Nathan Moffatt aded a third and then youngster Billy Holdsworth netted a fourth for Buscots to seal a fine win for Mark Camacho’s side.

Corsham Centre Youth 8 Pig & Whistle United 0

DIVISION Four leaders Corsham Centre Youth had few problems in seeing off the challenge of Pig & Whistle United, who had carried the hopes of Division Three.

The 8-0 scoreline may flatter the Centre, as four goals came in the last 15 minutes, but in truth they Meriton Avenue club never had to reach top gear to book their spot in the semi-final line up.

Centre opened the scoring on 15 minutes through Ben Thomson who turned in a Darrin Moss cross and they doubled their advantage in the 25th minute thanks to a brave header from Craig Gingell.

A minute into the second half Mark Sharratt got his name on the scoresheet and 10 minutes later a towering head from Craig Gingell gave him his second and Centre their fourth of the morning.

With 15 minutes remaining Ben Thomson added to his first half effort by scoring another three to take his tally to four and on his return to the side Liam Ralph knocked in number eight in the final minute.

Referee Luke Rudman had an excellent game in the middle.

The Castle FC v Westbury Rangers – walkover to Castle FC

THE all-Premier Division clash between The Castle FC and Westbury Rangers produced the first of this seasons semi-finalists, with Tom Perkins' Devizes-based side reaching the last four without kicking a ball.

Shaun Gardiner, manager of Westbury whose 40 year wait for cup success continues was forced to give the tie to their opponents when late withdrawals early on Sunday morning left him with just seven players for the trip to Sands Lane.

MATCH OFF: Biddestone Social v Bradford Renegades.