RUNAWAY Division Four leaders Corsham Centre Youth made it 12 wins out of 12 thanks to an 8-0 victory over Andy Holman’s spirited Cavalier side who were much improved from when the teams last met.

On that occasion Holman’s chargers were defeated 20-0.

Although the pitch at Meriton Avenue may not have been in the best of conditions both sides were keen to get the fixture played and referee Dick Colman gave it the green light and to the credit of all those involved the match was played in great sporting sprit from the first to final minute.

Corsham took the lead on 15 minutes when James Lye headed a corner back across goal for Sam Thomson to score his first ever goal for the club.

Ten minutes later Ben Thomson scored to make it 2-0 and on 35 minutes it was 3-0 with Ben Thomson’s shot rebounding to James Lye who made no mistake from close range.

Darrin Moss added number four when he rounded the keeper and finished well and the same player struck number five on 65 minutes. As Cavalier started to tire they were undone by a further goal from Ben Thomson and two from James Lye making up his hat-trick.

Oakhill FC 4 White Horse B 3 - abandoned after 74 minutes

FOR reasons yet to be confirmed, the match between Oakhill and White Horse (Sunday) B was abandoned on 70 minutes with the former leading 4-3.

Ricky Treweke put Oakhill ahead only for Craig Hatton-Pockington to level for the White Horse who then fell behind for a second time to a Tom Webb goal.

Adam Griggs' penalty restored parity for White Horse but they went in at the break 3-2 down as Jordan Tarrant reclaimed the lead for Oakhill.

A Jermaine Browne own goal got White Horse level for a third time, but the visitors conceded for a fourth time when Callum Eacott netted for the hosts.

White Horse then had Pete Lusty sent off after picking up a second yellow card and it was not long after this that for whatever reason the referee brought an early end to the game.

The Mallard FC 2 Bremhill View Boys 2 - abandoned after 55 minutes

THE match at Goatacre between local rivals The Mallard and Bremhill View Boys lasted 55 minutes before referee Dave Mullins called time on what was turning out to be a thriller.

At that stage the teams were locked together at two apiece.

Dave Lymath saw his opener for Bremhill cancelled out by Mark Frost’s equaliser which took the teams in for the break on level terms.

Luke DeBour reclaimed the lead for Bremhill but once again a battling Mallard side fought back to tie the game, Brett Fairclough finding the net with the aid of a deflection off the unfortunate Lawrence Elliott.

Shortly after the equaliser and with conditions deteriorating, referee Mullins much to the disappointment of a fired up Mallard side signaled an early end to things.

MATCH OFF: Cross Keys Rowde v Bath Road.