THINGS remain on a knife-edge at the top of Division Two.

Southwick Wanderers, who took over at the top of the table last weekend, hung onto pole position thanks to an 8-0 victory at basement side AFC Avellinos, who were playing their first game since early December.

Goals from Stuart Powell, who headed home a Carl Davies cross, and Jack Parker, who netted after being put in the clear by Ryan Underwood, gave Southwick a 2-0 interval lead.

After the break the floodgates opened and Southwick helped boost their goals for tally with six more, Craig Sheppard scored from the penalty spot after Parker had been brought down, Parker himself went on to score three more to take his tally to four and Powell added another two that saw him finish the game with a hat-trick.

FC Buscots 4 Sutton Benger 1

WITH Potterne unable to use their pitch at Northbrook to play FC Buscots and with Stanley Park unable to host the game between Sutton Benger and Fortune Inn, the quick thinking of Buscot's manager Mark Camacho saved his team from sitting out another Sunday morning.

He was able to set up a match between his Buscots side and Sutton Benger and Camacho was rewarded for his efforts as his team went on to win 4-1.

Benger stunned the title favourites by taking the lead on 18 minutes when Louis Baker gave the villagers the lead with their first real effort of not on the Buscots goal.

The hosts weren’t behind for long and drew level when Jake Waters set up Phil Little to restore parity.

The same pairing combined to give Buscots the lead, and on this occasion it was Little who provided the cross for Waters to volley home.

Angus Webster, who had seen two great efforts brilliantly kept out by the Benger keeper, made it 3-1 when he rifled home a thunderbolt that gave the keeper no chance.

Jake Waters completed the scoring in the second period when he volleyed home a Nick Oram cross that made it 4-1.

With five games in hand on both of the teams above them and just five points off top spot it would be a surprise if Buscots did go on to claim the title and claim back-to-back titles.

Talbot FC 0 Miller Sports A 2

HAVING slipped up in the promotion race with defeat against Potterne a few weeks ago Miller Sports A got things back on track with a 2-0 victory at Talbot FC despite finishing the game with 10 players after they had Joe Murray sent off.

Miller, who had to call up a number of their reserve players to get the game played, were pleased with the way their youngsters performed in what was a fine all-round display from the Melksham based side.

After a goalless first half Nathan Drew put Miller ahead when he picked up a long ball from keeper Alex Combes and Combes provided a second assist that saw Phil Strange score a spectacular own goal for the second weekend running.

MATCHES OFF: Potterne CFC v FC Buscots, Sutton Benger v Fortune Inn.