AFTER suffering a shock 6-0 loss last weekend, Spike Chandler’s Somerford got their Division One title hopes back on track thanks to a 2-1 victory over a North Star A.

Kieran Ingram fired Somerford into a lead which was cancelled out by Steve Allison before half time.

Matt Spear popped up with Somerford’s important winner in the second half which moved them into second spot in the standings.

Chippenham West End 0 Kings Arms (All Cannings) 0

BOTTOM-OF-THE-TABLE Chippenham West End would have been on a high going into their game at home to Kings Arms (All Cannings).

Their 6-0 victory over Somerford last weekend saw them chalk up their first victory of the season but the West End were unable to pick up back-to-back victories but they did claim a point from their meeting with Jim Wilson’s side who held them to a goal less draw.

Prestige Bodyworks 5 Staverton FC 1

LEADERS Prestige Bodyworks secured their spot in the Premier Division for next season after beating a Staverton side who had started the day in second place 5-1.

Adam O’Keeffe, Mark Nolan, Craig Fisher and James Pope scored the first half goals that put Prestige four up and on their way to the top flight.

John Baker scored a consolation for Staverton before Rob Finnamore completed the scoring with goal number five for Prestige.

White Horse (Sunday) A 3 Goatacre CC FC 2

HAVING been unable to raise a side last Sunday, Goatacre CC made the long trip to Westbury for their meeting with White Horse (Sunday) A with just the bare XI.

However, despite being numerically challenged, the villagers played their part in tightly fought contest, before running out of steam and losing 3-2, courtesy of a late Jordan Gullis goal for the hosts.

The home side started the brighter and got their reward in just the 10th minute, when Pete Ayton leapt highest to nod home a Tom Crawford free kick.

Any hope that their guests would cave in though was short lived, as Goatacre continued to look organised and conjured up the odd chance of their own, Kieron Gleed coming closest when his shot hit the upright.

At the other end the visitors had Jack Haines to thank, the keeper making a number of saves that kept the deficit to one with the half drawing to a close.

White Horse were left incensed at the break however, when referee Malcolm Carter chose to overrule his assistant’s flag in the dying seconds of the half, a decision that culminated in Danny Clarkson inadvertently putting past his own keeper to level the scores.

The goal seemed to not only level the scoreline, but also the balance of the game as Goatacre, with Ed Wilkins restored to a role up front, posed just as great a threat in the second period.

Haines continued to do his best to keep his side in the game with a string of impressive stops, but was unable to deny Dale Rowland with 18 minutes left, the winger finishing neatly having been put through by Crawford.

Goatacre’s refusal to lie down was evident again 10 minutes later though, when Gleed made the most of hesitation in Horse’s defence to poke home from 18 yards out to level the scores at 2-2.

As is becoming a habit this season though, the Horse found that little bit extra and pinched a late winner when Gullis cleverly headed home from six yards out, to claim the three points and keep his side’s outside hopes of an automatic promotion spot just about alive.