PETE Craig from Devizes clinched the Trowbridge Seniors Tuesday match at Pockeridge with 23 lb 12 oz of carp and roach, writes COLIN SCULL.
Roy Songhurst, from Melksham, was runner up with 21 lb 8 oz of carp and roach, followed by Mick O’Neill, from Melksham, with 18 lb 8 oz of carp and roach.
Other placings: 4. Paul Brown Devizes 16 lb 12 oz; 5. John Blackmore Lavington 15 lb 8 oz; 6. Ernie Jones Trowbridge 14 lb.
- THE Wednesday Trowbridge Open match on the Bristol Avon at Staverton was won by in-form Devizes matchman Gary Etheridge with 10 lb 15oz of roach.
Neil Richards was runner up with 10 lb 2 oz of roach, followed by Kevin Grant, from Trowbridge, with 10 lb 1 oz of roach and perch.
Other placings: 4. Vic Abbott Bradford 9 lb 11 oz; 5. Steve Martin Frome 7 lb 2 oz; 6. Pete Zymiak Trowbridge 7 lb.
- THE Bristol Avon at Conigre hosted Saturday’s Avon SCC match where John Bohane, from Swindon, carried off top prize with 19 lb 13 oz of chub and roach.
Marcus Crook, from Melksham, was runner up with 10 lb 7 oz of roach with Pete Townsend, from Swindon, taking 9 lb 4 oz of roach for third.
Other placings: 4. Alan Hillier Westbury 7 lb 10 oz; 5. Gary Etheridge Devizes 6 lb 12 oz; 6. Bob Ryan Melksham 6 lb 11 oz.
- PETE Mills won last Saturday’s Chippenham match on the Bristol Avon with 27 lb 4 oz of chub.
Alex Hyde, from Chippenham, was second with 17 lb 10 oz of chub and roach, with Paul Rice, from Tetbury, third with 17 lb 6 oz of chub and roach.
Other placings: 4. Martin Dolman Calne 17 lb 5 oz; 5. Kevin Williams Chippenham 17 lb 3 oz; 6. Gary Dodson Calne 15 lb 6 oz.
- TROWBRIDGE’S Nick Johns won Saturday’s Derek Meakin Memorial match at Leech Pool with 167 lb of carp.
Terry Fell, from Devizes, was runner up prize with 115 lb 12 oz of carp and Ian Stainer, from Trowbridge, third with 97 lb 4 oz of carp.
Other placings: 4. Jim Escott Melksham 84 lb 14 oz; 5. Barry Oakford Trowbridge 59 lb; 6. Roy Songhurst Melksham 55 lb 12 oz.
- ROACH made up the weights in Sunday’s Trowbridge match on the Bristol Avon at Staverton as Alan Hillier, from Westbury, won with 8 lb 12 oz of roach.
Pete Mills, from Devizes, was next with 7 lb 12 oz of roach while third prize went to Kevin Grant, from Trowbridge, with 6lb 7 oz of roach.
Other placings: 4. Steve Martin Frome 5 lb 3 oz; 5. Bernie Blythe Westbury 4 lb 15 oz; 6. Dave Baker Trowbridge 4 lb 4 oz.
- WEIGHTS were fairly even in the Wilts Angling Open match at Lodden Lakes on Sunday.
Top honours went to Howard Adams, of Devizes, with 38 lb 4 oz of carp and skimmers, with Mark Harper, of Preston Innovation Thatchers, second with carp and skimmers weighing 37 lb 4 oz.
Rob Vance, from Gillingham, clinched third with 34 lb of bream.
Other placings: 4. Roland Lucas Frome 30 lb; 5. Martin Preston Bruton 28 lb 3 oz; 6. Pete Neate Holt 25 lb 14 oz.
Saturday August 9: Chippenham Juniors match at Pockeridge.
Sunday August 10: Lavington match at Baldham Mill; Airsprung match at Farleigh Wood; King Billy v Avon match at Lacock; Calne Outing to Todber Manor.
Tuesday August 12: Trowbridge Seniors Pairs match/BBQ at Cheverell Complex; Lavington Pensioners match at Cheverell Complex.
Wednesday August 13: Trowbridge Open match at Staverton.
Thursday August 14: Bathampton Over 55s/Disabled match at Bridge Pool.
MORE SPORTS NEWS, PICTURES AND REACTION IN THIS FRIDAY’S WILTSHIRE TIMES. FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @WTSport