TROWBRIDGE-BASED The Dursley Arms had already lifted the Wiltshire Sunday Cup and Division Two title ahead of their A M Print & Copy-sponsored Knockout Cup Final showdown with holders Corsham CC Wildcats at Chippenham Town’s Hardenhuish Park on Sunday afternoon.

The 50th final of the competition, which was first won by Bulwark United may not have produced a goal fest, but it was one of the best and keenly-fought affairs for a few years.

A full-bloodied clash, where nothing was given by either team saw both finish the game with 10 men and ended with Leon Greenland scoring a last-minute penalty to earn Dursley a 2-1 win and complete the third part of a deserved treble.

In a cagey opening 20 minutes where each team were getting a feel for each other it was Wildcats who went closest to opening the scoring with Sam Thomson and Mark Robinson firing wide of the target.

Both defences were standing up to everything that came their way so it was a surprise when Martin Johnson pounced on a mistake in the Wildcats back line to stab home and give Dursley the lead on 35 minutes.

Dursley were reduced to 10 men on 40 minutes when Jake Hiscocks was red-carded for a challenge on Nigel Curtis. With just a few minutes left to half-time Dursley were able to regroup and get back to the changing room and take stock before coming out for the second period.

With the Wildcats having the extra man advantage they were finding Dursley hard to break down, with Dan Price impressive in the centre of defence.

Wildcats' Alex Hillier was lucky to escape with just a yellow card after taking out Dursley’s Greenland in the 56th minute.

Dursley Arms almost doubled their lead on 65 minutes when a Ryan Baggs shot took a wicked bounce before being tipped over the bar by keeper Tom Drewitt who injured himself making the save, leading to him being replaced in goal by Sam Thomson a few minutes later.

Wildcats lost their numerical advantage on 74 minutes when another rash challenge from Alex Hiller saw him receive a second yellow and an early bath.

This seemed to spur Wildcats on and shortly after Leigh Rogers had headed wide, Mark Robinson planted home a headed to level things up at 1-1.

Lewis McCarron fired a good chance wide for Wildcats on 84 minutes, but after that Dursley found another gear and they finished with a flourish with Jordan Pinder going close seconds before Adam Shipman needlessly upended Connor Mckay in the area to give Dursley a penalty.

Greenland tucked the ball away just out the reach of keeper Thomson to make it 2-1 and send the Dursley players and bench into mass celebration.

With plenty of time added on Wildcats were unable to conjure up an equaliser as Dursley saw time out to seal what in the end was a hard-fought victory to cap what has been an incredible season for Joe Kirkpatrick’s men.

Both teams received their mementoes from Roxi Meaden, who represented sponsors A M Print & Copy.

Dursley’s captain Ryan Baggs collected the Cup and team mate Dan Price on the Player of the Match award.