AFTER suffering relegation to Division Two at the end of the last season Heytesbury will be hoping that they can build on their 7-3 success over Aces FC as they bid for an immediate return back to the top flight.

Heytesbury led on 11 minutes when Ashley Kinkead found the net after being set up by Ik Ichiebuka, it was 2-0 on 20 minutes, Kinkead scoring his second after good work from Charlie Waylen.

Alfie Little reduced the arrears for Aces before two quick goals in the 33rd and 34th minutes from Ichiebuka put the villagers 4-1 up at the break.

It quickly became 5-1 after the restart, Kyle Edwardes firing home a Kinkead corner on 49 minutes.

Kinkead completed his hat-trick to make it 6-1 when he scored from a free kick. Little netted on the 65th and 75th minute to make it 6-3, however his treble was of little consolation as a Phil Powell own goal seven minute from time earned Heytesbury this 7-4 win.

Melksham Town B kicked off the new campaign with a 4-1 win at home to newcomers Greyhound.

Goals from Jack Woolsgrove and Joe Lamb saw Melksham take a 2-0 lead before Luke Taylor halved the deficit for Greyhound.

His goal was to be a consolation and second-half efforts from Woolsgrove and Ollie Chapel made up Melksham’s tally.

League newcomers South Newton & Wishford suffered an 11-4 thumping at home to a Zeals side who have never previously won an opening-day fixture.

Zeals, who were tipped to suffer another opening day defeat, were rampant in front of goal an recorded their biggest-ever win.

Dale Rowland topped scored with a fifer, Joao Rodrigues netted twice with Jordan Lynk, Aaron Carter and Steve Wyatt sharing the others. Jack Bridewell and Geoff Wells replied for South Newton.

The Stiffs may have suffered three defeats at the hands of Warminster Town A last season, but Ade Giles' side came out 3-2 winners to claim an opening day victory for the first time since 2010.

Warminster opened the scoring through Ross Melia, Stiffs equalised via Matt Davies only for Cameron Davies to regain the lead for Warminster prior to half-time.

A Stan Keen penalty got the Stiffs back on level terms for a second time, before Steve Lewin bagged their winner.