FROME Town produced their first home win of the season as they came from a goal down against AFC Totton to progress to the second qualifying round thanks to goals from Darren Jefferies and Jon Davies.

Frome were able to start Mitchell Page alongside Jake Jackson up front for the first time this season, though with Marcus Mapstone and Rob Hobbs both unavailable, the bench looked light.

The match started with Totton going close as Nat Sherbourne latched onto a mistake by Kris Miller to let fly with a volley that cleared the crossbar, with Frome's Kyle Phillips immediately requiring treatment to a foot injury that saw him hobbling for the rest of the match.

Frome were lucky to survive a Totton corner in the 11th minute that saw two headers somehow scrambled away to safety, but as the game setlled, Darren Jeferies then went close with a shot that cleared the far post as he cut in from the left and Totton also survived a penalty shout as Jackson seemed to be wrestled to the ground in the penalty area.

Frome had the better of a slightly lacklustre first half, and with Page causing problems in the air all the time, Jefferies hit a low screamer into the body of Shane Murphy in the 34th minute.

Jackson stung the keeper’s palms with another cleanly-hit shot in the 42nd minute and Page himself hit the side netting just before half time after a great Davies run had set him up.

Despite Frome’s ascendancy, Totton open the scoring three minutes after half time as a move on the left saw Craig Feeney get to the dead ball line and pull the ball back for Curtis Young to slot home with ease giving Frome a wake up call that they needed to step up a gear.

After Joe Raynes had had a shot blocked and Sam Teale had just managed to break up a Totton counter-attack, Frome equalised in the 57th minute with a surprisingly simple goal .

Chas Hemmings took the goal kick and found the head of Page, who headed on to Jackson who then laid the ball into the path of Jefferies.

He advanced 10 yards to hit an excellent low left-foot shot past Murphy for a well-worked goal and a deserved equaliser.

As the Frome forwards started to work together as a unit, chances started to come and five minutes later, Page nodded the ball to Davies who unselfishly laid the ball into the path of Jefferies who then brought a good sharp save from Murphy.

In the 71st minute Joe Raynes won the ball in midfield and played a simple ball to Jackson who split the defence with a through ball to Davies.

He hurdled the challenge of Adam Wilde before shooting high into the net.

Jackson should really have increased the lead in the 75th minute as he played a lovely one-two with Davies that saw him put through clean on goal only for Murphy to again save well.