CHIPPENHAM Town were shell-shocked at Hardenhuish Park as they conceded an injury-time goal to struggling Redditch United, who twice came from behind to take all three points earlier this afternoon.

The Bluebirds had looked in control going in to the final 15 minutes but a late Redditch surge, inspired by striker Jermaine Hylton, saw them turn the game on its head and pull off an unlikely comeback.

Nine minutes in, Hylton broke forward and played in William Richards but the Redditch man was left with a tight angle and saw his effort turned behind for a corner by Ben John.

Soon afterwards, Nathan Rudge was robbed of the ball by Richards, setting Hylton in on goal but John stood up well to make a good save.

Shortly after the 20-minute mark, Chippenham's James Guthrie breezed past a United midfielder and drove towards goal before striking goalwards from 20 yards, with keeper Bradley Catlow beating the ball away.

Redditch went straight up the other end and won a corner, with Richards' directing a deft header across the face of goal.

With 28 minutes on the clock, the deadlock was finally broken as Chippenham took the lead.

Dean Griffiths swept past the United left-back and rushed to the byline before cutting back in to his left foot.

The Bluebirds striker lofted the ball into the area and fellow frontman Alan Griffin was on hand to nod home into the top corner, giving keeper Catlow no chance.

But a few minutes later, Redditch hit back to level the scores.

Hylton brought a strong save from John but the ball broke in the area and when Greg Tindle hurriedly attempted to clear for a corner, he could only blast into his own net.

The Bluebirds began the second half on the front foot but the first chance fell to Redditch when Hylton found space and struck for the top right-hand corner from the left wing, with the effort not far off-target.

But with 61 minutes on the clock, the Bluebirds restored their lead when Guthrie's free-kick was cleared as far as Iain Harvey.

The Chippenham midfielder picked out sub Alex Kite unmarked in the box and the defender powered a header towards the bottom corner, which the despairing Catlow couldn't keep out.

The Bluebirds began to take the advantage as the half wore on while Redditch were becoming increasingly frustrated.

But out of nowhere, the visitors levelled the scores again when Hylton barged his way into a crowd of players in the box.

George Washbourne was challenged by a host of blue shirts but the ball kindly deflected to striker Hylton, who poked home from close range to level up the scores.

Redditch had their tails up and in the 90th minute, they almost snatched the winner when Hylton's determination created a chance.

Jim Rollo ordered John to rush off his line to clear a ball travelling over the Chippenham back line but Hylton pounced to block his clearance and was left with an open goal to shoot at but his shot rolled narrowly wide of the target.

It looked as thought the Bluebirds had survived that late scare but moments later, they were punished as United grabbed their winner.

Hylton was again involved as he drove a dangerous cross in the box and after a handful of deflections, the ball broke to substitute Leavi Oshunebure, who fired home into the bottom of the net to complete the comeback.

CHIPPENHAM TOWN: Ben John, Jim Rollo, Greg Tindle, Toby Osman, Steve Casey (c), Nathan Rudge (Alex Kite 56), Iain Harvey, Scott Lye (Lee Phillips 73), Alan Griffin, James Guthrie, Dean Griffiths (Tom Knighton 73).

Subs not used: Michael Gonzalo.

Attendance: 318