TROWBRIDGE head coach Dan Jeffries was left to rue a calamitous final two minutes which saw his side suffer a 21-19 home defeat to Sherborne in Southern Counties South.

With 78 minutes on the clock, the Doric Park side were leading 19-14 courtesy of a Karl Parry try and 14 points from the boot of Tom Weaver, including a drop goal.

However, after seeing a clearance kick charged down and then recovered, a box kick clearance was also charged down before a knock-on gave the visitors a scrum from which they scored a converted try.

While buoyed by a much improved performance from their opening weekend loss at North Dorset, Jeffries was left bitterly frustrated.

“For 78 minutes we played probably the best rugby I have seen for a long time,” the head coach.

“But the last two minutes were an absolute calamity.

“Sherborne are probably the best pure rugby side in the division but they could not get the ball off us. It is just so frustrating.

“We’ve got a (Dorset and Wilts) Cup match against North Dorset this weekend and we want to go there and prove a point.

“It is nice that we have got a cup game as it will give a break from what has been a tough start in the league, but we have got some momentum from Saturday which we can build on.”

Corsham are two from two after securing a bonus-point 36-22 success against county rivals Marlborough, in a match played as a double header, with the sides also drawn together in the quarter finals of the Dorset & Wilts Cup.

Marlborough started the game well with number eight Feofa’aki Holoia taking the ball from the kick off and running it back to score, Garth Bari converting and then adding a penalty for a 10-0 lead.

But the tide started to turn as the visitors’ Joe Tavaga was sin-binned although Kalif Barnes, Will Chivers, Scott Parry, Alex Twigg and Robbie Robinson scored tries for Corsham with Matt Draper booting four conversions and a penalty.

Marlborough, who were still locked at 22-22 heading into the final stages, scored further tries through Ratu Vuira and Viliami Lotoahea but Corsham pulled clear.

Corsham head coach Tim Draper said: “(It was) an outstanding performance from the pack who were up against much bigger opposition.''