MOTORWAY TEMPORARY TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONSNotice ID: MF0270622
Highways England -M4 MOTORWAY (JUNCTIONS 13 TO 15) TEMPORARY TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS
Notice is hereby given that Highways England Company Limited has made an Order on the M4 Motorway in the Unitary Authorities of West Berkshire, Wiltshire and Swindon, under Section 14(1)(a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 because works are proposed to be executed on the road. The effect of the Order is to authorise the phased overnight closure of:
1. the slip roads leading to and from both carriageways of the M4 at Junction 13 (A34);
2. the slip roads leading to and from the eastbound carriageway of the M4 at Junction 14 (A338);
3. the slip road leading from the westbound carriageway of the M4 at Junction 14 (A338);
4. the slip road leading to the eastbound carriageway of the M4 at Junction 15 (A346/A419); and
5. the slip road leading from the westbound carriageway of the M4 at Junction 15
These measures are in the interests of road safety while contractors undertake carriageway works and all associated work. It is expected that the work will last for approximately 6 weeks starting on or after Monday 23rd April 2018. The overnight closures will take place between 20:00 and 06:00 (maximum period).
The Order will come into force on 21st April 2018 and have a maximum duration of eighteen months.
Traffic affected by the closures will be diverted via other junctions of the M4. The diversion route will vary depending on the closure in place. The temporary closures and diversion routes will be clearly indicated by traffic signs when they are in operation during the works period.
M Taylor, an Official of Highways England Co Ltd. Ref: HE/SE/2018/M4/104 Highways England Company Limited, (Company No. 9346363). Registered Office: Bridge House, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4LZ. A company registered in England and Wales.
For enquiries, please contact the Customer
Contact Centre on 0300 123 5000 or