MANAGERLESS Frome Town were made to settle for a point at home to Farborough Town over the weekend. 

Following the departures of Jon Davies, Kyle Phillips, manager Josh Jeffries and Marcus Mapstone, Ollie Knight, Kris Miller and George Miller either injured, suspended or unavailable, once again Frome just about managed to put out a team.

Frome started the match well with players presumably having been told to trust their talent and to have a go, and after 20 seconds, Joe Raynes curled a shot just past the far post.

The match then alternated as both sides attacked, but Frome again went close in the 13th as Griffiths again hit a searching cross which just evaded the head of Mitchell Page as the crowd started to get behind the side.

After Page had had a shot tipped round the post in the 22nd, Frome took the lead in the 24th as Ollie Knowles dinked a through ball to Ryan Bath who controlled with his left and hit a peach of a right foot shot into the top corner from just inside the box, a 1-0 lead that they fully deserved at this stage.

In the second half, Farnborough looked to have a bit more of the game, and Frome were unsettled a bit when Chas Hemmings hobbled off holding his back in the 55th.

Farnborough levelled in the 67th as they broke from a Frome corner, retained possession and the ball was then played out to Connor Calcutt who shot under the body of Carl Crabtree from just inside the penalty area.

Frome did have a couple of chances to take the lead but the chance never seemed to fall cleanly, as players began to pick up yellow cards for niggly fouls. 

There was the suspicion that the game was starting to slide away from the referee a little, and shortly after Crabtree had saved a shot with his foot, it all kicked off as players started taking the law into their own hands, ending with a mass melee which saw four yellow cards issued, including a second and thus a red for Page. 

Eventually order was restored, and with around ten minutes of extra time, Farnborough looked the more likely to snatch the winner with their extra man, but Roberts was up to the task and eventually the home fans were happy to hear the final whistle.