The son of a celebrity chef was found dribbling in his father’s Corsham hotel – in breach of bail conditions banning him from being inside the main building.

Swindon Magistrates’ Court heard Marco Pierre White Jr, 25, was spotted inside the Rudloe Arms Hotel on Wednesday, September 16, in breach of bail conditions imposed at the start of the month by the Salisbury justices.

In a statement read to the court by prosecutor Kate Prince, hotel manager Jonathan Peek said he had seen his boss’s son at the reception desk at 8.30am screaming into the phone. “He was swearing and shouting and causing a general disturbance,” he added. Mr Peek said the youngster told him he could not ask him to leave as it was his house.

Pierre White Jr was back at reception at 11.30am. The general manager believed he was “high on something”. Almost two-and-a-half hours later he returned to the reception desk. He had dribble coming from the side of his mouth and he was leaving spittle on the mouthpiece of the reception telephone, Mr Peek said.

By 2.30pm he was walking around the hotel. With paying guests beginning to arrive, Mr Peek said he had gone to speak to the young man’s father – celebrity chef Marco Pierre White Snr – who agreed the police should be called.

Officers arrived at the hotel but Pierre White Jr could not be found. Within two minutes of them leaving, he reappeared “asking everyone and anyone where a brown envelope was”, the hotel manager said.

Pierre White Jr denied breaching bail conditions preventing him from entering the main hotel building.

Emma Hillier, defending, said her client stayed in his room at an outbuilding called the Treetops or came down to eat his meals in a “new build” block. He was not in the main hotel building and checks of a GPS tag he was required to wear would confirm his whereabouts.

Magistrates found the breach of bail allegation proven. He was readmitted to bail with an extra condition not to contact hotel manager Jonathan Peek.

Pierre White Jr, of Leafy Lane, Corsham, denied an allegation he stole a £40 phone belonging to the Rudloe Arms Hotel. He is due to stand trial at Salisbury Magistrates’ Court on December 16.