TWO people were rescued from a smoke-filled property in Warminster in the early hours of Sunday morning (June 6) following a fire involving cooking oil.

One occupant was led to safety and given oxygen for smoke inhalation and then taken to hospital as a precaution.

A second occupant remained in the property, with a fire escape hood used to protect them from the smoke until the property was fully ventilated.

Three crews from Warminster, Trowbridge and Frome fire stations were mobilised at 2.23am to a report of smoke filling a domestic property in Boreham Field with residents still inside.

Fire control stayed on the phone with the 999 caller inside the property to provide advice to keep the caller safe.

Firefighters confirmed a fire in the kitchen was out on arrival, which had caused heavy smoke logging to the entire ground floor of the property.

The crews rescued the occupants using breathing apparatus wearers and one hose reel jet and the property was naturally ventilated.