WARMINSTER'S winning start to the Dorset & Wilts One North campaign was ended at the eighth attempt as promotion rivals Combe Down claimed the spoils from a 15-10 success at Folly Lane.

The home side trailed 10-0 to a penalty and converted try from the Bath visitors before Sikeli Rokovunicagi got them on the board with a penalty of his own.

It was all square by half-time as Ross Williams crossed for a try and Rokovunicagi added the extras.

But Warminster lost Waisale Cakau to a yellow card in the second period and a second Down try proved the decisive score.

Despite their win, Down lost the leadership of the division, Bradford on Avon regaining it as they destroyed Supermarine 86-0.

The home side ran in 14 tries, flanker Harry Linge leading the charge with a hat-trick as the visitors were put to the sword.

There were braces for number eight Oli Bilton, prop Dean Priestman and Jonny Bates, moved from his usual flanker position to centre.

Back rower Rufus Faulkner-Lee, second row Jack Rutland, centre Murray Dewar and wings Vaughan Conybear and Tom Bartlett also ran in scores, while fly-half Lewis Somerville booted eight conversions.

Bradford have this weekend off, ahead of consecutive top-of-the-table appointments at Combe Down and Warminster and at home to Avonvale prior to Christmas and head coach Dave George was pleased to see momentum maintained despite the absence of several players.

"We rested a few, like skipper Oli Stacey and Josh Felix and some of the fringe lads had a run-out but the pleasing thing was that they stuck to the task, didn't get over-cocky and played what was in front of them,'' said George.

"There are big matches after next week and it's probably a run that will define the season for us.''

Melksham claimed their third victory in a row by triumphing 36-17 at Swindon 2nd.

The visitors were to strike first with a piece of skill from scrum-half Callum Hurn, who collected his own chip ahead then fixed defenders and passed to the charging Ben Smith to score under the posts, Alistair Smith adding the conversion.

Swindon rallied and, through a maul, capitalised with a converted try but Melksham's own forwards combined and captain Charlie Radcliffe touched down, Smith adding the extras.

Plays was held up by a Swindon injury but upon the restart, the home side found some momentum and scored another try and a penalty to take the lead 17-14.

Melksham regathered their attacking prowess with Jacek Gronkowski going in out wide, for his first try for the team.

Hurn scored and converted his own try to add seven points to the tally and the visitors continued ramping up the pressure, Dave Dyke scoring to ease them further clear.

Flanker Phil Stone was next to score, showing his pace and direct running to score, Hurn adding the extras to confirm their triumph.