WROUGHTON netted a magnificent seven goals to reach the Knockout Cup quarter-finals in the Wiltshire Senior League with a 7-2 success away at Devizes Town Reserves at the weekend.

Tom Dingle set them on their way and Kyle Parker made it 2-0 before Devizes pulled one back. Aaron Maximen restored Wroughton’s two-goal advantage but again Devizes kept them honest with another goal of their own before Shane Hibbert made it 4-2 at the break.

The visitors found life much easier in the second half as Jordan Lea, Tom Price and a second from Hibbert completed the win.

Max Scholefield struck twice as Cricklade Town also made cup progress with a 4-1 win at Marlborough Town.

Dave Coleman and Devan Bryan were also on target for Cricklade as Aaron Presley replied for Marlborough.

League leaders Shrewton United needed a shoot-out to make it through from their clash at home to Corsham Town Reserves, winning 7-6 on penalties after the contest ended in a 3-3 draw.

Tyler Pavey put Shrewton in front but Corsham replied with two goals of their own to lead 2-1 at the break. Jesse Walters then put Shrewton back on level terms in the second half to send the game into extra time.

Zac McNally thought he had won the game for Shrewton in the additional 30 minutes but Corsham hit back to level once more and send the game into a shoot-out, where the league leaders held their own to prevail.

With Shrewton in cup action, that allowed Kintbury Rangers to move level on points at the top of the Premier Division table with a 3-0 win at home to Westbury United Reserve as Shaun Thorp got all three goals.

Tiger Harris bagged a brace as Football ID claimed a comfortable 4-1 home win over Royal Wootton Bassett Town Development.

Joel Smedley and Kyle Pogue Elms also struck as Harrison Gough got Bassett’s consolation.

Two late goals prevented Purton from winning at Ludgershall Sports as the home side snatched a 3-3 draw.

Chris Avery, William Backhouse and Jack Duckers got the goals for Purton, while David Cotter, Connor Millar and Lewis Pickernell were Ludgershall’s marksmen.

The final league match of the weekend saw Trowbridge Town win 3-1 at Pewsey Vale Development.

Goals from Jordan Gullis, Alex Pippard and an own goal did the damage for Trowbridge as Harrison Lowe replied for Pewsey.