DIVISION Two side Old Road produced the upset of the AM Print & Copy-sponsored Knockout Cup first round in the Shoestrings Chargrill-sponsored Chippenham Sunday League by claiming a 4-0 triumph over Premier Division team Semington.

Old Road made their early pressure count when Matt Poole slotted home the opener. Poole added his and Old Road’s second after the break before Adam O’Keefe headed home a corner for 3-0 and Louie Hoof came off the bench to score with his first touch and wrap up the win.

The only all-Premier Division contest saw FC North Wiltshire paired with Westbury Rangers, who triumphed 4-1.

After a goalless first half, North Wilts broke the deadlock with a Tom Bull free-kick. Ashley Kinkead got Rangers back level before three goals in seven minutes sealed their victory as Dale Rowland (2) and Corey Gardner struck.

Fox & Hounds (Warminster) came out on top 4-1 against Division One rivals Kingfisher.

A Chris Cox own goal put Fox & Hounds in front but Josh Griffiths restored parity before half-time. Justin Preece’s penalty spot and a Chikiah Selassie brace in the second half won it for the hosts.

One of the ties of the first round saw Division Two’s Lion & Fiddle claim a 3-2 triumph over Division One team Faded FC.

Faded trailed 1-0 at the interval to a Tom Blackman goal, but came out firing at the start of the second half and levelled matters through Ashley Poms. Faded then took the lead via Dan Jones’ 25-yard finish before Jordan Pinder got Fiddler level, only for Leon Greenland’s late penalty to wrap up Faded’s success.

Premier Division side North Star Club suffered a 2-1 defeat at home to Division Two outfit Sporting Box.

Dani Alencar and Morgan Summerfield scored in the first half for the winners, who had to withstand a second-half fightback from North Star after Aaron Clegg had halved the deficit.

Division Two side Audley FC suffered a heart-breaking 3-2 defeat at Premier Division leaders Pheasant.

Nick Manifold gave Pheasant the lead, which Gareth Jones cancelled out of the stroke of half-time. Jones then put Audley 2-1 ahead in the second half before seeing a penalty attempt for his hat-trick saved by the keeper. With 10 minutes remaining, Alex Pring volleyed Pheasant level and with the tie heading for extra time, Mark Nolan won it for Pheasant when he scored direct from a corner.

Melksham-based rivals The Foresters Arms and FC Libby locked horns and the former prevailed 5-4.

Leigh Rowles-Hitchcock and a couple for Gary Higdon saw Foresters lead 3-2 at the break. Both Higdon and Rowles-Hitchcock added further goals in the second half to make up the winners’ five, meaning Dan Moore’s treble and Will Thomson’s effort for Libby were just consolations.

Division Two pole sitters Worton & Cheverell booked their place in the last 16 courtesy of a 6-1 victory over Premier Division side FC Bradford.

Ashley Huntley and Wayne House scored to put Worton 2-0 up at the break. House added a second after the restart and Adam Bewley (2) and Ben House made it 6-0 before Mark Magiure scored a consolation for Bradford.


A 7-2 WIN for FC Lacock over AFC Melksham moved them to within one point of joint leaders Pheasant FC and FC North Wiltshire.

Josh Bright and Billy Gleed both scored hat-tricks and Aaron Masson bagged his first league goal for Lacock to make up the seven. James Dark scored both goals for Melksham, who finished the game with nine players after Ollie Gee and Jordan Kirk were sent off.


WEDNESDAY Warriors, who were missing a number of their Army-based players due to Remembrance Sunday, could only field a nine-man side for their game against Biddestone FC and they eventually went down 10-0.

Trailing 9-0 down at the break, Warriors improved in the second period to only ship one further goal. Ryan Armstrong led the scoring for Biddestone with a four-timer, Adam Loveridge netted twice, and Aiden Hawkins, George Garraway, Keenan Burnell and Tom Armstrong shared the others.