DIVISION One side Kingfisher came out on top in a 13-goal thriller against Division Two side White Hart to claim a 7-6 victory in the first round of this season’s Westernsport Trophies-sponsored WG Parr Trophy in the Chippenham & District Sunday League.

Louis Harris gave White Hart the lead, but they soon trailed 3-1 to goals from Richie Bolter and Andy Rose’s double.

White Hart then turned the game on its head as Gavin Freegard’s own goal started the fightback and three further goals in five minutes from James Harris and Steve Browning (2) gave them a 5-3 lead.

A Luke Carr double saw Kingfisher restore parity at 5-5, Harris then regained the lead for White Hart before Carr completed his hat-trick to level matters once again, and Josh Griffiths then came off the bench to bag a late winner for the Fishermen.

A superb second-half performance saw Bath Road overpower fellow Premier Division outfit Bell By The Green 9-1.

Matt Spear led the scoring with four goals, Tom Sigee bagged a hat-trick, while Ryan Badderley-Hopkins and an own goal made up Bath Road’s tally as Matt Lang scored for Bell.

Old Road booked their place in the quarter-finals thanks to a 2-0 victory away at Division Two rivals Biddestone after Matt Poole and Adam O’Keeffe scored in the first half.

The Foresters Arms claimed a narrow 3-2 success over fellow Division One side Calne United.

Jim Sandiford doubled up for Foresters in the first half and although Cosmin Sorin halved the deficit, Stuart Barber put Foresters 3-1 up. Lewis Stevens then score a second consolation for Calne.

Division One team Faded were given a scare by Division Two’s Sporting Box before claiming a 5-2 win.

Ashley Poms headed home for Faded to make it 1-1 after Adam MacLean had put Box in front, and Morgan Summerfield then regained the lead for the higher tier side prior to half-time.

After the break, Radu Pandelicua levelled matters before further goals from Matt Hall and two for Dan Jones wrapped up Faded’s win.

The all-Division One clash between Sutton Benger and FC Libby went the way of the former 2-1.

Alex Bell gave Benger a first half-lead and he also hit their winner after Rhys Edwards had got Libby back level.

Fox & Hounds (Warminster) came from behind to claim a 2-1 win over Westbury Railway.

Dan Davis gave the Railway men the lead, but Justin Preece restored parity for Fox & Hounds and then hit the winner.


LEADERS Pheasant turned in one of their best displays of the season as they dismantled Semington 9-0.

Nick Ridout, Mark Dolman and Rich Hudson netted two each and Mark Nolan, Zach Preston and Paul Gittins shared the other goals.

Box Rovers returned to winning ways thanks to a 2-1 triumph away at AFC Melksham.

Scott Fleming and Jon Bazley put Box 2-0 before Jack Woolsgrove gave Melksham a late consolation.

FC North Wiltshire started the day second in the standings, but an 8-0 mauling at the hands of FC Lacock meant they were replaced in that position by their conquerors.

Billy Gleed and Josh Hard scored two apiece, with Patrick Kapelka, Ryan Ross, Luke Clements and Jordan Miners also getting on the scoresheet.

North Star Club ended a 10-match winless run as a 2-1 triumph away at Westbury Rangers saw them to a first victory of the season.

Paul Green gave North Star the lead, but Lee Pitcher put into his own net to throw Westbury a lifeline, only for Mike McKeller to grab a deserved winner.


THE top two sides squared up against each other and leaders Bromham saw off fellow title challengers New Inn Wacker 6-1.

Bromham’s goals were shared between Eddie Summers and Jamie Hall, who got three each, while Ricardo Harding replied for New Inn.


A CONTROVERSIAL 3-2 victory for 10-man Lion & Fiddle at home to Audley saw the Trowbridge-based side close to within three leaders Worton & Cheverell.

After a goalless first half, Sam Clark volleyed in to give Audley the lead. Leon Greenland then restored parity, only for Clark to regain the lead for Audley.

Conor McKay levelled matters for Fiddle before they were given a disputed penalty, which Greenland tucked away to claim the victory.