A STUNNING 8-3 triumph for Bath Road at home to FC Bradford saw them move clear of the Shoestrings Chargrill-sponsored Chippenham & District Sunday League Premier Division drop zone.

Mark Maguire’s double and Aaron Thornton’s effort for Bradford counted for nothing as Bath Road ran out easy winners thanks to goals from Matt Spear (2), Luke Minnis, Gabriel Nash, Tyler Austin, Richmond Duah, Jack Samson and an own goal.

One-time leaders FC North Wiltshire shared the spoils 2-2 when they hosted Semington.

After a goalless first half, Semington took a 2-0 lead thanks to goals from Marc Scammell and Chris Dore. Chris O’Donovan replied on his debut to get North Wilts back in the game and Matt Webb then snatched a point.

Leaders Pheasant entertained relegation battlers North Star Club and ran out 7-0 winners to open up a seven-point gap at the top over Lacock.

Paul Gittins led the way with a hat-trick, Mark Dolman bagged a double, while Chris Broom and Nick Manifold also struck.


FOX & Hounds, who defeated Faded FC 3-2 at the end of October, travelled to Southwick for the return fixture without a recognised goalkeeper and were comprehensively beaten 7-3.

Finn Young and Dan Jones scored two each, while a first-ever Faded hat-trick for Radu Pandelicua made up the seven. Justin Preece, Kurt Dawson and Chris Collinson replied for the Hounds.

Kingfisher and FC Libby shared the points after a thrilling encounter ended in a 4-4 draw.

Kyle Palmer, Sam Robinson, Nathan Drew and Dan Moore scored for Libby, who led on three occasions before Jason Forde bagged a late equaliser for the Fishermen after earlier efforts from Richie Bolter, Mark Bridge’s own goal and Josh Griffiths.

Sutton Benger were beaten 4-2 when they entertained Westbury Railway.

Westbury went 2-0 up through Mark Allard, but Jams Hernandez halved the deficit for before half-time. Second-half goals from Lee Causon and Chris Burgess then sealed the Railwaymen’s win.

Runaway leaders Bromham were in sparking form away at The Foresters Arms and inflicted a 13-3 defeat.

Ryan Bole, Jamie Hall and Luke Child all scored hat-tricks, Charlie Street netted twice and singles for Adam Richards and Jack Young made it an unlucky 13 for the Foresters, who played much of the game with 10 men and replied through Jim Saniford, Sean Meer and Miles Robinson.


BIDDESTONE consolidated sixth place in the table thanks to a 4-2 triumph over Gloucester Conservative.

Keenan Burnell’s long-range drive gave Biddestone the lead and although Nick Mead’s penalty bought the scores level, relentless pressure from Biddestone paid off as Nick Eggleton and Ryan Armstrong put them 3-1 up at the break.

Jack Greenhaigh added a fourth for Biddestone before Sam Griffiths got another for the Cons.

A struggling Wednesday Warriors side could only field nine players for the visit of Audley, who made the most of their numerical advantage to run riot in an 18-2 win.

Debutant Josh Hughes and Kieran Tarrant top scored with four goals each, Gareth Jones and Conner Laidlaw claimed two apiece, while Sam Myles, Sam Clark, Matt Harvey, Tom Webb, Ciaran Lyons and an own goal made up the 18. Paul Lawson got both Warriors goals.


SEAN Horobin scored four times as New Inn Wacker joined Worton & Cheverell in the draw for the quarter-finals thanks to a stunning 5-2 victory over Swindon side Openwork United.

Rob Brown’s 40-yard strike gave New Inn an early lead and although United equalised against the run of play, Horobin got the first of his four when he lobbed home from 20 yards.

A deflected effort got United level at half-time, but the second half was all about the heroics of Horobin, who capped his display with a fourth goal via a last-minute penalty.

Worton & Cheverell earned their progress via a walkover as opponents Lion & Fiddle were unable to raise a team.

AFC Melksham fell to a 3-2 defeat at home to Swindon side Penhill United despite the visitors having three players sent off.

Gustoso made it another win for a Swindon side as they triumphed 4-1 at Box Rovers.

Old Road made the long trek to holders Tidworth Town and the Andover side continued the defence of their trophy with a comprehensive 6-0 success.