CORSHAM Town manager Justin Flowers praised his side’s second-half performance after they twice came from behind to rescue a 2-2 draw away at Wincanton Town in the Toolstation League First Division, writes JONATHAN LEIGHFIELD.

Connor Williams put the home side a goal up early on, but a lightning start to the second period from Corsham, courtesy of Ben Pring, evened things up.

Jamie Irwin regained the lead for Wincanton before Pring added his second to secure a hard-fought draw.

Corsham have now gone four games unbeaten in the league and Flowers said their resilience may served them well on Saturday.

He said: “Wincanton probably edged the game, if I’m being honest, but I think the lads did well to get a point in the end after being a goal down and then 2-1 down.

“When you don’t play well, you take that, and our keeper did really well at the end to keep us in it, so we’re delighted to come away with a point.

“We know that when we play our best football, we can beat anyone in the league, but we know every team starts well and has good determination.

“If we don’t match that, we’re going to come unstuck. You just want to see a bit of fight at that point.

“We’re disappointed with the start, but they boys did what we asked in the second half. They came out and fought for the result, so we’re happy they responded to what we said at half-time. We were really happy with a point in the end.

“We said that we could accept a negative result if we’d done everything in our power, but it’s not good enough if we don’t show some fight.”

Corsham are now fourth in the table, six points behind leaders Chard Town, and Flowers says if they enter the new year still in with a chance of promotion, he will consider December a success.

“We’ve got quite a few games in December, so we just want to make sure we’re still in touching distance after these games and we’re ready to go in the second half of the season,” said Flowers.

“We want to remain in and around these places come the end of the year so we can remain challenging.”

Elsewhere in the First Division, Warminster Town went down 4-3 away at Radstock Town. with Conner McKay, Jack Miluk and Charlie Walton on target for the away side.

Devizes Town continued their hot-and-cold form with a 1-0 defeat away to Cheddar.

Chippenham Park’s game at Bishop Sutton was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch, as was Calne Town’s visit to Wells City. Calne drop down to fifth after Corsham’s draw.