MELKSHAM Town A are the new leaders of Division One in the Trowbridge & District League after claiming a 4-4 draw at home to Warminster Town Reserves at the weekend.

Two goals by Jake Cooper and one each from Anthony Lamb and Ian Dowell saw Melksham take advantage of previous table-toppers Heytesbury’s week off to climb to the summit.

Reece Collier scored a hat-trick for Warminster in reply and Harrison Parmley getting the other.

Defending champions Freshford United seem to be hitting their stride following a 6-3 victory over Hilperton United.

Two goals from Nick Ross and one each from Tom Rooney, Mike Little, Ali Jaffari and David Percival showed that Freshford have no intention of giving up their crown easily.

Hilperton responded with a double from Luke Murdon and one from Jake Samuel.

Calne Eagles eased their relegation worries with a much needed 4-2 victory over struggling Trowbridge Town Reserves.

The Eagles’ goals were scored by Sam Rogers, Brett Cullen, Mickey Taraskevics and Ryan McCombie, with Toby Murden and Alex Shaw replying for Trowbridge.


HARRISON Trevor’s hat-trick helped Westbury United Development take over at the top after a thumping 7-1 victory over Greyhound.

Adam Casserly also bagged a brace for United and there was one each from Sam Oswin and Marc Lanfear as Darren Brewer scored Greyhound’s consolation.

Aces had their own promotion hopes slightly dented in a battling 3-3 draw against Zeals.

Two goals from Keegan Smart and one from Rob Mallia earned Aces their point, with Zeals’ goals coming from a double from Aaron Carter and one from Scott Carter.

Trowbridge Wanderers Development visited the Stiffs and came away with their first victory of the season.

A goal each from Stuart McLachan and Kyle Tredrea earned the away side a 2-0 win and moved them off the bottom of the table as a result.


TWO goals from Ben Jenkins and one from Kyle Morgan-Hemmings saw Semington Magpies win 3-0 against DI United to progress to the quarter-finals.

Trowbridge sides Three Daggers and Holt faced each other and could only be separated after a penalty shoot-out.

The contest finished 1-1 at full-time and although there were goals galore in extra time, the teams were still level at 3-3, with Daggers eventually emerging victorious after penalties were required.

Spencers saw their cup ambitions ended in Swindon as they went down 6-1 against Blunsdon.