PREMIER Division side Westbury Rangers defeated Division One opponents Sporting Box 4-2 to move a step closer to lifting the Chippenham & District Sunday League’s AM Print & Copy-sponsored Knockout Cup for the first time in their 48-year existence.

Dale Rowland’s effort gave Rangers the lead and although Adam MacLean drew Box level, Dan Cox regained the lead for Rangers before the break.

Rowlands made it 3-1 and it was game over when Jake Owen netted a fourth with 20 minutes to go. Adam Greeves scored a late second for Box, but it was only a consolation.

Bath Road got the better of Bell By The Green 5-0 to book their place in the quarter-finals.

Tom Sigee scored from the penalty spot before Tom Stratton made it 2-0. Two goals from Tyler Smith and an Aaron Gardiner effort sealed the win.

Paul Gittins netted a hat-trick as top-flight leaders Pheasant swept to a 7-1 victory over Gloucester Conservative.

Kris Beasley also struck twice for Pheasant, with a goal apiece for Max Wyatt and Jordan Coulter making up the seven. Ollie Nash replied for the Cons.

AFC Melksham claimed a 4-1 success over New Inn Wacker.

Jordan Kirk and James Dark scored two apiece for the winners, with Harry Brennard the New Inn scorer.

Worton & Cheverell saw off Lion & Fiddle 3-0, with the beaten side not helped by the fact they only started the tie with nine men.

Fiddle held out until the 35th minute when Ali Bradley broke the deadlock for the hosts. Cameron Lee then doubled the lead in the second half before getting his second late on.


THE only fixture in the top flight saw North Star Club boost their hopes of beating the drop with a 2-1 victory away at third-placed FC North Wiltshire.

Jake Duckett’s first-half effort for North Wilts was cancelled out by Matt Smart’s 20-yard screamer before Aaron Clegg netted a late winner for Star.


FADED jumped from fifth to second thanks to their 7-2 success at home to Kingfisher.

Ashley Poms put Faded in front and although Gavin Freegard restored parity for Kingfisher, Zack Manna’s hat-trick put Faded 4-1 in front.

The second period saw Mann net a couple more to claim a five-timer, with Matty Hall adding the other and Richie Bolter replying for Kingfisher.

It was a top-verses-bottom battle at Sutton Benger where Bromham downed basement side Brunel 6-3.

Eddie Summers scored twice in the first half for Bromham, with Luke Child adding another to cancel out goals from Brunel’s Josh Madle and Harry Fenwick.

Further goals from Summers, Child and Charles Street made up the winner’s half dozen as Michael Jenkins scored Brunel’s third.

Sam Robinson netted a hat-trick to help FC Libby to a 6-4 win over Calne United.

Two goals apiece for Richard Tarani and Cosmin Sorin were not enough for Calne as singles for Nathan Drew, Tom Thomson and Will Thomson alongside Robinson’s treble kept Libby in the top three.


A 9-4 triumph for Old Road over White Hart enabled them to consolidate fourth place in the table.

Patch Whitlock capitalized on two defensive errors to put White Hart 2-0 up, but Matt Poole and Seamus Mooney got Old Road back on level terms before Adam O’Keefe put them 3-2 up before half-time.

Mooney made it 4-2 before Steve Browning’s free-kick saw White Hart pull a goal back and parity was restored shortly afterwards when Louis Harris made it 4-4.

Old Road then raised the tempo Mooney and O’Keefe completed their hat-tricks before Poole and Aaron Holbrook finished the scoring to take the winner's goals total to nine.

Audley claimed success over Wednesday Warriors for the second weekend in succession, winning 8-2 this time around.

Kieran Tarrant, Sam Clark and Josh Hughes scored for Audley in the first half and Hughes netted two more after the break to claim a hat-trick. Clark grabbed his second and Connor Laidlaw’s double made up Audley’s eight as Ben Bullus scored both Warriors goals.


FC LACOCK were denied a place in the quarter-finals after they were beaten 8-1 away at Swindon side Croft Juniors.

Sam Thomson was Lacock’s lone marksman.