CORSHAM Town manager Justin Flowers described his side’s shock 2-0 loss to Oldland Abbotonians in the Toolstation League First Division as "just one of those days", writes JONATHAN LEIGHFIELD.

In awful conditions in Gloucestershire, a Luke Tanner volley and a late Lewis Bezer tap-in gave the home side their first win in over two months against in-form Corsham.

After winning three of their last five, Corsham lost for only their fourth time this season, and although Flowers bemoaned the state of the playing surface, he could not argue with the result.

He said: It was just one of those days. I’m not sure the game should have been on really; the pitch was terrible.

“But once it was on, Oldland just adapted to conditions better than us. They scored after eight minutes and then they had something to hang on to.

“We played really well in the first half, but just didn’t take our chances and then they’ve scored on the counter right at the end.

“No excuses, it was just one of those days. We knock it on the head and move on.”

Elsewhere, Calne Town drew 2-2 with Bishops Lydeard after conceding a 93rd minute equaliser at Bremhill View.

Martin Mitchell saved an early penalty for Town before Matty Jenkins stepped up to convert a penalty for the hosts late in the first half.

Ryan Brereton equalised for Lydeard on the hour before Jenkins grabbed his second 10 minutes from time as it looked like Calne had stolen the points.

However, in the dying minutes, Ben Hebditch popped up to steal a point for the visitors and deny Calne the chance to close the gap on Card Town ahead of them.

Warminster Town continued their seesaw-like form as they went down 2-1 at Ashton & Blackwell.

Eben Mortimer-Taylor replied late for Town after Calum Townsend’s brace for the home side had put them 2-0 up. Warminster have now failed to win back-to-back league games since August 18.

The surprise result of the weekend occurred at Nursteed Road as Devizes Town were thumped 4-1 at home to bottom side Bristol Telephones.

Matthew Russell scored for Town, but a Dhani Golding hat-trick combined with a Kai England goal gave a resurgent Telephones their second consecutive victory.

Chippenham Park’s scheduled game at Radstock Town was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.