MELKSHAM returned from the Christmas break on a winning note in Dorset & Wilts One North, beating Supermarine 36-7 at home.

After a promising start, the hosts scored early as Alistair Smith crossed for a try converted by Callum Hurn.

Despite the promising signs, Melksham failed to turn pressure into more points before half-time.

The second half saw renewed momentum from Melksham and pressure culminated with Charlie Radcliffe going over the tryline.

Five minutes later and building control, Luke Cador was able to strike, and his free running style was rewarded again for his second of the day and bonus-point try soon afterwards.

Rory Mulgrew was next to cut through before Cador completed his treble late on.

Supermarine fought hard and snatched a late converted try to avoid the whitewash.

There was also victory for Warminster as a dramatic late comeback snatched a 55-43 success in a thrilling contest at Pewsey Vale.

The Amber and Blues got off to the perfect start when Dan McIntyre broke through the Pewsey defence to run in under the posts, converted by Ross Williams.

Pewsey replied through a penalty before getting in front when they barged over the line following a quick tap.

Williams then pounced on an overthrown lineout to run in a try he converted himself, and soon got his second touchdown as the home side failed to cope with his pace.

Warminster were guilty of indiscipline at the breakdown, which allowed Pewsey to gain territory, and they got a second try of their own.

The visitors were able to grab their bonus-point score before half-time through a good team try finished off by Alex Jenkins

The half was far from done, though, and poor tackling and defending allowed Pewsey to score two converted tries to take a 29-26 lead into the break.

Warminster were first to strike in the second half as McIntyre raced to the tryline.

Pewsey hit back with two tries of their own to lead 43-31, and the Amber and Blues were dealt a further blow when an injury meant they had to play out the final 20 minutes with 14 men.

Needing something miraculous to win the game, Warminster duly delivered with a four-try blitz in the closing stages.

Williams completed his treble before running in another to cut the gap to 43-41.

McIntyre then got his second of the day to put Warminster in front and Williams had the final word with his fifth try.