PURTON produced the shock of the weekend as they inflicted Wroughton’s second defeat of the season courtesy of a comprehensive 3-0 win.

Wroughton had come into the game on the back of seven straight wins whilst Purton had not won in their previous three.

Josh Bolton scored his first goal for his new club while Will Backhouse and George Drewitt completed the scoring for the visitors.

Meanwhile, league-leaders Kintbury battled to their second consecutive 2-2 draw as they twice let a lead slip against Cricklade Town.

Chris Cox scored his seventh goal of the season for Kintbury and they could have been two up before the break if not for George Smith’s penalty miss.

Town duly equalised after the break though their lead did not last long as Smith put Kintbury back in front.

Cricklade equalised for the second time through Max Scholefield as Kintbury extended their lead at the top to two points following Wroughton’s surprise defeat.

Third place Shrewton United closed the gap on the top two with a narrow 1-0 win over Westbury United reserves.

Daniel Jon volleyed Shrewton ahead in the first half – a goal that settled matters and put them within five points of Wroughton.

There was also success for Melksham Town reserves after a comfortable 9-2 victory over Pewsey Vale Development.

Sixteen-year-old Louis Wilkins scored twice for Town’s reserves while Gary Higden scored four, taking him on to seven for the campaign.

Shaun Benison, Adam Mitchell and Owen Pearce completed the scoring for Melksham while Taylor Edwards and Adam Field managed a reply for Pewsey Vale.

Corsham Town Reserves’ remain unbeaten at the Southbank Ground following a 5-1 win against Malmesbury Victoria Development.

Zac Hillier bagged a brace for Corsham while there were also solitary strikes from top-scorer Dan Lardner, Emilio Mudrak and Chay Forrester.

Sam Brown netted the Vics’ only goal, but it wasn’t enough as Corsham completed the league double of their opponents.

Ludgershall Sports and Trowbridge Town shared the points after a 1-1 draw.

With the score at 0-0 after 45, Harrison Hale nudged Ludgershall in front with his second of the season however, Alex Pippard equalised for Town as they stayed fifth.

Two out of form sides met on Saturday as Marlborough Town and Football ID faced off – Town having lost their last four while Football ID had lost their last five.

Marlborough ended their barren run after goals from Craig Simmons and Luke Little gave them a 2-0 win.

Meanwhile, Devizes Town Reserves’ game against Royal Wootton Bassett Town Development was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.