HOLDERS Bromham opened their defence of the Gooding Accounts-sponsored Subsidiary Cup in the Chippenham & District Sunday League with a hard-fought 5-4 victory away at Division One rivals Faded in Group One.

Prior to all matches at the weekend, clubs, officials and supporters observed a minute’s silence in memory of league vice president and former county FA member and chairman Sean Brosnan, who passed away recently.

Ashley Poms put Faded ahead, only for Ryan Bole to get the holders back level from the penalty spot. Radu Pandelicua then put Faded 2-1 up at the break before goals from Zack Manna and Dan Jones made it 4-1.

However, Faded were unable to close up shop and they let Bromham claim victory from the jaws of defeat as Ed Summers’ brace and two more from Bole – to complete his hat-trick – sealed an incredible win for the holders.

Last season’s beaten finalists, Semington, hosted Premier Division stable-mates FC North Wiltshire and the two sides shared a 1-1 draw.

North Wilts’ Richard Tandy cancelled out Dean Shaw’s first-half opener for Semington.

Division Two leaders Lion & Fiddle suffered a 4-2 loss at Audley in the first of their three Group Two fixtures.

Fiddle, who started the game with 10 players, trailed 3-0 to goals from Kieran Tarrant, George Bettles’ penalty and Ben Hibberd, before efforts from Bradley King-Taylor and Robbie Cunningham brought them back into the game. Tom Webb finally wrapped up the win for Audley late on.

The all-Division One affair between Kingfisher and FC Libby went the way of the latter 7-2.

Kyle Palmer, a Tom Foley free-kick and an own goal from Jason Forde, who also score both Kingfisher goals, put Libby 3-1 ahead the break. Sam Robinson, Nathan Drew and another goal for both Palmer and Foley made up Libby’s haul.

Old Road kicked off their Group Three campaign with a 6-0 victory away at fellow Division Two outfit Biddestone.

Matt Poole scored twice, with Jack Fraser, Jack Dunn, Jake O’Keeffe and Nick Mills sharing the others.

Sporting Box picked up three points without kicking a ball after they were awarded a walkover when opponents The Foresters Arms were unable to raise a team.

Wednesday Warriors led Gloucester Conservative 3-1 in their Group Four match before suffering a 4-3 defeat.

Bradley Edwards’ hat-trick counted for nothing as Aaron Burbidge and Ollie Nash scored two each to deny Warriors what would have been a first-ever victory.

White Hart could only field 10 players for their clash with Division One side Brunel and suffered an 18-4 drubbing.

Josh Madle top scored with five, Josh Legg netted four, Callum Chamberlain bagged a hat-trick, Josh Gough and Robbie Willoughby scored two each, with a goal apiece for Luke Thirlwell and Harry Fenwick making up the 18. Patch Whitlock (3) and Ben Skevington replied for White Hart.


THE top two sides went head-to-head on Sunday, with leaders Pheasant claiming a 2-1 victory over FC Lacock to strengthen their quest to be crowned champions.

Pheasant broke the deadlock through Mark Dolman before a Patrick Kapelka own goal doubled the lead. Josh Hard’s late penalty for Lacock after they had Cory Williams sent off was too little, too late, as Pheasant held on.

AFC Melksham thrashed an FC Bradford side who played the entire game with 10 men 8-1.

James Dark scored a five-timer, while Derek Wheeler, Adam Welch and Jack Woolsgrove added the others. Lee Spurles was Bradford’s lone marksman.


BASEMENT side Calne United picked up a share of the spoils thanks to a 4-4 draw with Sutton Benger.

Two goals apiece for Rich Traini and Mickey Taraskevics helped Calne, who played most of the game with 10 players, take a 4-1 lead before Benger staged a fine fightback.

James Weston scored a penalty in each half and Matt White also netted a couple for the villagers.

Justin Preece netted a hat-trick as Fox & Hounds saw off New Inn Wacker 8-3.

Chikiah Selassie and Myles Woodward also got two each for Hounds and Rob Christopher got the other as Sean Horobin (2) and Luke Whittard replied for New Inn.