OTIS Young’s hat-trick helped Holt tighten their grip at the top of Division One table in the Trowbridge Windows and Conservatories-sponsored Trowbridge & District League.

Holt extended their winning run to 10 straight games with a 4-1 triumph over Three Daggers. Mark Maguire scored Holt’s other goal, with Ollie Nash hitting the sole reply for Daggers.

Freshford still have an outside chance of regaining their title and continued their own excellent form by thumping Calne Eagles 9-2.

Two goals apiece from David Percival and Dean Ranger, one each for Mark Gerrish, Alfie Little, Mark Reynolds and Nick Ross and an own goal completed Freshford’s haul. Barry Foster and Josh Madle were on the scoresheet for Eagles.

Division Two

WESTBURY United Development completed their league fixtures with a 1-0 victory over fellow promotion challengers Marshfield.

A single strike from Oliver Drew was enough to earn Westbury the points and keep them second in the table.

Warminster United are now up to third thanks to a 3-0 win over Aces.

Goals from Laurence Bartley, Ashley Caws and Kyle Fice secured Warminster the points.

Zeals earned a hard-fought 2-1 win over bottom side Trowbridge Wanderers Development.

Aaron Carter and Matt Carter got the goals for Zeals as Kyle Tredrea replied for Wanderers.

Spring Cup

LEADING 4-3 from the first leg, Hilperton knew their Gooding Accounts-sponsored Spring Cup tie against Semington Magpies was far from over, so were relieved to finish the job with a 2-1 win in the second leg.

Goals from Joe Cunningham and Robbie Cunningham earned Hilperton place in the quarter-finals as Richard Allum replied for Semington.

Heytesbury eased into the last eight thanks to 3-1 second leg win against Trowbridge Town Reserves, making the aggregate score 8-4.

Two goals from Liam Gibbens and one from Sam Wright, his first goal in adult football, saw Heytesbury safely through. Trowbridge’s goal was scored by Kieran Hard.

Greyhound are also in the quarter finals as a 2-0 cushion from their first leg against the Stiffs was enough of a cushion as the second leg ended 2-2.

Simon Parfitt’s brace saw Greyhound progress, with Tom Patterson and Stephen Lewin netting for the Stiffs.