BROMHAM kept alive their hopes of reclaiming the Gooding Accounts-sponsored Subsidiary Cup in the Chippenham & District Sunday League as a 0-0 draw against Semington saw them finish top of Group One to progress to the semi-finals.

In the other match in the group, Faded suffered a 4-3 defeat at home to FC North Wiltshire after they threw away a 3-0 half-time lead.

Ashley Poms, Dan Jones and Zack Manna had put Faded in control before Richard Tandy started North Wilts’ revival from the penalty spot. Tandy then volleyed home to cut the gap to the odd goal before Cameron Lee restored parity and Josh Duckett slotted the winner to cap an incredible fightback.

Audley, FC Libby and Lion & Fiddle all finished on six point in Group Two, but it was the latter who made it through to the semi-finals by virtue of their better goal difference. Audley were beaten 3-1 by Libby, while Lion & Fiddle beat Kingfisher 6-1 to progress.

Ciaran Lyon saw his opener for Audley count for nothing as Will Thomson, Kyle Palmer and Tom Foley’s penalty won it for Libby.

Over at Sutton Benger, Lion & Fiddle knew a high-scoring win against Kingfisher would keep their cup dreams alive, and they duly obliged.

After falling behind to a Luke Carr goal, Fiddle responded with two goals each for Jake Hiscocks and Tom Blackman, while there was one apiece for Alex De Silva and Bradley King-Taylor.

Both Brunel and Gloucester Conservative finished Group Four level on points, but it is the former who progress to the semi-finals courtesy of a better goal difference after a 14-1 win away at Wednesday Warriors.

Josh Madle led the way with a seven-timer, Josh Dolman netted four, while Jack Williamson, Robbie Willoughby and Adam Gerrard made up the 14 as Bradley Edwards replied for Warriors.

Gloucester Cons edged out White Hart 6-5 in a high-scoring contest.

Ali Moor-Bardell’s hat-trick and a goal each for Patch Whitlock and Mark Smollens could not save White Hart from another defeat as a treble for Ollie Nash, Nick Mead’s brace and one for Leo Whitehead made up Cons’ half-dozen.

Premier Division

WITH just two matches remaining, Pheasant will clinch the title next weekend if they avoid defeat at FC Bradford after overcoming a potential banana skin with a 5-3 win at AFC Melksham.

Doubles for both Ryan Tyrell and Mark Nolan, along with a Kieran Mills own goal, won the game for Pheasant after James Dark and Jack Woolsgrove’s brace had threatened a Melksham comeback.

FC Lacock can still finish as champions after a 3-1 triumph away at Bath Road, although they will need Pheasant to lose their remaining fixtures and pick up maximum points themselves.

Aiden Jackson opened the scoring for Bath Road, but Josh Bright restored parity for Lacock. Bright then made it 2-1 before Billy Gleed rounded off the win.

Knockout Cup finalists Box Rovers defeated FC Bradford 7-2 thanks to Mel King’s hat-trick.

Goals from King and Zac Hillier put Box 2-0 up at the break. Two more from King completed his treble, Hillier added a second himself and singles for Adam Shipman and Ben Wickens made up Box’s haul. Mark Coles and Steve Bryant replied for Bradford.

Prior to their meeting, both North Star Club and Bell By The Green had been condemned to relegation, and after being again let down by players, Bell fell to a 5-0 defeat.

Joe Child gave North Star a half-time lead against eight-man Bell before Richard Sheffield, Matt Smart, Alex Maslen and Mike McKeller all netted in the second half.

Division One

WESTBURY Railway signed of their league campaign with a 1-1 draw against Calne United.

Ben Buckley gave Calne the lead, but that was cancelled out by Simon Kent’s late equaliser.

Melksham-based rivals New Inn Wacker and The Foresters Arms were involved in a six-goal thriller that saw the latter battle back from three goals down to share a 3-3 draw.

Sean Horobin’s brace and an Owen Gardiner goal put New Inn on top before Tom Robinson started the fightback for Foresters. Gary Higdon then struck twice to earn a share of the spoils.