SEMINGTON are the surprise early pace-setters at the top of the Premier Division table in the Shoestrings Chargrill-sponsored Chippenham & District Sunday League after a 2-0 victory over Bath Road maintained their excellent start to the season.

After a goalless first half, Tony McElhone broke the deadlock. Danny Rimmer then made the points safe with a stunning 20-yard thunderbolt 15 minutes from time.

Bromham were looking to return to winning ways against Box Rovers and may well have done had it not been for the woodwork, which denied them on four occasions, as they suffered a 3-1 loss.

Ed Summers had put Bromham ahead but that was cancelled out by James Gardner. Conner McCarron then put Box ahead before Adam Mitchell sealed the win.

Three first-half goals saw Westbury Rangers claim a 3-0 success at home to FC North Wiltshire, who are still looking for their first points of the campaign.

Corey Gardner broke the deadlock, Wright doubled the lead and Matt Mead completed the scoring.

Worton & Cheverell suffered their first defeat of the season after they were beaten 2-0 at home by FC Lacock as Josh Hard and Billy Gleed both netted in the first half.

Division One

THE Foresters Arms ended New Inn Wacker’s winning start to the season with a 4-1 success at home to their Melksham rivals.

After a goalless first half, Jim Sandiford put Foresters in front. Graham Griffiths made it 2-0 and Kai Miller added a third before a second of the morning from Sandiford completed the rout. Matt Carroll scored a late consolation for New Inn, who also saw Brently Roberts miss a penalty.

Lion & Fiddle remain top of the table courtesy of a 4-2 triumph over Old Road.

Conner McKay continued his rich run of form for Lion with his third hat-trick in as many games. Leon Greenland added the fourth from the penalty spot, while Seamus Nickless-Mooney scored both Road goals.

Both North Star Club and FC Libby were looking for their first points of the season, and it was the former who came up trumps thanks to a thumping 10-0 win.

Tyler Beattie top scored with three, Dan Goss struck twice, while efforts from Paul Green, Mike McKeller, Alex Maslen, Bradley Clark and goalkeeper Sean McPhillips, who netted from a corner, made up the 10.

Sutton Benger and Biddestone shared a 3-3 draw.

Carl Johnson, Jason Cole and a late equaliser from Ethan Jones earned Benger a point after Ryan Armstrong and a brace from Joe Taylor had seen Biddestone lead 3-2.

The Bell maintained their winning start with a 4-1 triumph over Sporting Box.

Bell led 2-0 at the break after goals from John Webb and Ben Tylee. Jake Waters made it 3-0 before Lee Grealish scored from the penalty spot for Box. A second from Waters made the game safe for the hosts.

Kingfisher suffered a third loss after they were beaten 7-1 at Westbury Railway.

Jake Packer, Steve Jackson and Mark Allard were on target for the Railwaymen in the first half. Will Stone pulled a goal back for Kingfisher early in the second, but thoughts of a comeback were ended after John Williams’ free-kick for the hosts. Josh White, Frankie McEntegart and a second from Jackson then wrapped up the points for the Fishermen.

Division Two

HAVING lost all their previous 18 league matches, Wednesday Warriors finally broke their duck thanks to a 9-4 triumph over the Misfits.

Sam Myles’ penalty put Misfits in front and Callum Lait, Harry Myles and Ben Thomas also netted, but their goals were just consolations as Ethan Green and Bradley Edwards both bagged hat-tricks for Warriors, and goals from Callum Hotine (2) and Harry Bodymore made up the nine.

Bremhill View and Royal Oak put their 100 per cent starts on the line, and it was the latter who kept theirs as Josh Duckett’s strike secured a 1-0 win.

Chippenham Icons earned a 5-0 home success against Steeple Ashton.

Ryan Nicholls, John Clapp, Tom Rooney, Clinton Hartley netted in the first half, with James Weston scoring after the break.

Early leaders FC Devizes United made it three wins on the spin after they beat London Road Inn 3-1.

Jordan Anning bagged a brace and Charlie Strickland also netted, while Cosmin Soreanu replied for Road.

Lavis inflicted a first defeat on Pack Horse as the hosts extended their own winning start with a 5-1 success.

Reuben Spong got a four-timer and Jamie Hancock added the other, with Garry Lock’s penalty giving Pack Horse a consolation.

FC Trowbridge chalked up their first win of the season as they overturned a 4-1 half time deficit to beat Spartak Rudloe 5-4.

Ollie Deane’s hat-trick and Andy Wood’s effort put Spartak in control at the break but a superb second-half showing from Trowbridge turned things around as Ashton Shanley’s hat-trick and an Alex Churchyard strike added to Jordan Lawrence’s first-half effort to seal the comeback win.