LION and Fiddle didn’t quite provide the opposition many would have expected them to on Sunday as FC Lacock cruised into the third round of the AM Print & Copy Knockout Cup by winning 6-0.

Dan King, Kieron Glled and Josh Hard each bagged a brace as Lacock suffered a heavy loss to exit the competition prematurely.

FC Trowbridge were another team to exit the competition at the weekend as they went down to Bath Road.

Road’s Quinn Tarawali scored a hat-trick as Bath triumphed 4-2, Matt Holdaway scored the hosts’ other as Alex Shaw’s double was struck in vain.

THE other cup competition to take place at the weekend – the WG Parr Trophy – also saw two games take place.

Second division Pack Horse won comfortably against first division rivals Westbury Railway to book their quarter-final spot while Sporting Box’s game against Kingfisher FC was settled by Kingfisher’s Jason Forde – who scored the game’s only goal.

MEANWHILE in the Wiltshire Sunday Cup, Swindon League outfit Boundary House ended North Star Club’s hopes of further progression.

Sean McPhillips’ first half doubled granted North Star a two-goal lead at half time. But that lead was spectacularly lost in the second half as the regular 90 ended 3-3.

Boundary House went on to grab the winning goal in extra time.

IN the Shoestring-Chargrill Chippenham Sunday League Premier Division Semington FC returned to the table of the table following a 5-1 victory over Bromham.

Albeit with two games in hand over the chasing Worton & Cheverell and FC Lacock, Semington top the table by three points.

Chris Dore – who scored Semington’s only goal when they beat Bromham 1-0 only a week ago – again handed his side the lead before Adam Richards’ deflected effort on half time levelled the game.

Danny Rimmer helped Semington regain the lead before he added a second from a free kick later.

Rimmer’s hat-trick was quickly confirmed before Chris Berrelly rounded off the hosts’ scoring.

In the top flight’s other game, Box Rovers triumphed 4-3 away to FC North Wiltshire.

Robbie Burton handed North Wilts the lead before Box settled courtesy of Ashley Alchin’s brace.

Matt Webb restored parity for North Wilts before Jordan Tarrant fired them back in front.

The game’s topsy-turvy nature continued, though as Darrin Moss grabbed a last minute brace to wrap up all three points.

IN Division One, New Inn Wacker made the most of Lion & Fiddle and North Star Club’s cup commitments by defeating Biddestone 5-1 and consequently moving to the top of the table.

Emilio Menghini’s treble along with goals for Aaron Whittard and Danny Ashwood made up New Inn’s 5. Henry Garraway replied for Biddestone.

Elsewhere, a 4-2 victory for Old Road at home to The Foresters Arms saw them consolidate their spot in the top half.

Seamus Mooney and Aaron Holbrook netted for Old Road in the first half with Sam Van Weenan and a second from Mooney making up the quartet after the break. Stuart Barber’s deflected effort off the unfortunate Jack Dunn opened the visitors’ account before Jim Sandiford added another.

FC Devizes United lost their 100 per cent record after losing 2-0 to fellow unbeaten side Royal Oak.

There were also wins for Bremhill View, Sparak Rudloe, Chippenham Icons and London Road Inn.