FOR the first time in a month, rain failed to disrupt the Trowbridge and District Football League as games went ahead as planned.

Due to various competitions, only one Division One tie took place as Freshford United hosted Warminster Town Reserves – both teams prior to kick-off were still searching for their first win of the year.

But it was the hosts that came out on top as they triumphed 7-2. Goals from Jamie Parlour, Hayden Bailey and Gus Wright earned Freshford a two-goal lead at half time after Steve Seals bagged Reserves’ first strike.

In the second half, further strikes from Bailey and Wright – with two more from Sean Horobin – made up Freshford’s seven as they jumped up to seventh in the league with four points secured from five fixtures.

Away from the league, a handful of Chantry Digital sponsored Knockout Cup ties took place.

Division Two leaders KEW PR FC provided the shock of the second round by beating Division One outfit Three Daggers 3-2.

Extra-time was required, but that meant little after the final whistle was blown as David Percival and Chris Foley netted the hosts’ regular-time strikes before Ashley Poms scored the deciding goal.

In other results, Semington Magpies booked their spot in the third round after they defeated a well organised Barford Hornets side 1-0.

In what proved to be an even game with few clear chances for either side, it was left to Marc Scammell to come off the bench and break the deadlock after 70 minutes with a well-taken strike.

Elsewhere, Division One leaders Marshfield breezed past Melksham Town A – winning 5-0 – while Warminster United booked their spot in the third-round draw after defeating Westbury United Reserves 6-2.

Westbury got off to a perfect start by establishing a two-goal lead thanks to Mathew Dew and Ollie Dew’s efforts.

But Warminster struck back with two goals of their own before adding another four later on – Tom Martin bagged a brace while other goals came from Matt Dyer, Brendan Hind, Owen Bartley and Liam Gibbons.

Heytesbury got the better of Devizes Town Reserves in an all-Division One tie – the former winning 4-2.

Also in the third round draw are Calne Town Reserves, though they had to work hard to beat lower opponents The Stiffs 2-1 at home.

Callum Atkins and Adam Sullivan scored the goals that put Calne in the hat for the next round with Steven Lewin replying for The Stiffs.

Trowbridge Town Reserves moved into the next round also with a 3 – 2 win over Aces FC.

Jamie Strevens helped himself to a brace with Matt Elliot scoring the third to see Trowbridge safely through.

Hilperton also progressed after they beat Dilton Marsh Wanderers 2-1.