FC NORTH Wiltshire claimed their first win of the season in the Shoestrings Chargrill-sponsored Chippenham & District Sunday League as they toppled Faded 5-1 in the Premier Division.

The fixture in Seend was the only one in the top flight to beat the wet weather and was an early relegation six-pointer between two teams who had both previously failed to register a league victory this term

A combination of the woodwork and an excellent individual performance from Gareth Jones, who netted a superb four-goal haul, ensured it was North Wilts who broke their duck for the campaign.

Josh Hughes added a fifth for the winners and Dan Jones replied for a Faded side who hit the frame of the goal on at least four occasions throughout the 90 minutes.

Division One

FC LIBBY have shown a huge improvement in recent weeks and picked up their first league success of the campaign after overturning a two-goal deficit away at Kingfisher to claim a 4-3 victory.

First-half goals from Chris Cox and Will Barrass put Kingfisher 2-0 ahead, and although Andy Sayers halved the arrears, a second from Barrass restored the hosts’ two-goal cushion. Dan Sibley’s brace for Libby tied the game at 3-3 before Kyle Palmer’s first goal of the season wrapped up the visitors’ deserved win.

The Foresters Arms and Sutton Benger met for a fourth time this season, and having won the previous two cup encounters, Benger would have been confident of avenging their league defeat from September.

They did just that but had to come from behind to claim a 3-2 win.

Benger’s Marcus Frost saw his first-half goal wiped out by two quickfire strikes from Stuart Barber and Peter Gainey after the break as Foresters gained the upper hand. Jason Cole's penalty squared things up before Matt Bartlett turned home the winner for Benger.

Division Two

FC DEVIZES United reversed a 1-0 deficit at home to FC Trowbridge to claim a 4-1 win and keep their promotion hopes on track.

Kian Fulford restored parity for Devizes after Charlie Barber had given Trowbridge the lead. A second-half double for Oscar Webster along with a Jordan Anning effort won the points for United.

Pack Horse may be sixth in the standings following their 6-0 triumph away at Steeple Ashton but with as many as four matches in hand on the sides above them, they could yet feature in the battle for a top-two finish come next May.

A hat-trick for Max Wyatt saw him take his tally for the season to 20 goals in all competitions. Matt Spear added a couple and Rob Willoughby’s first goal of the season made up the half-dozen.

Wiltshire Sunday Cup

TOM Slater was the star of the show for Worton & Cheverell in their county cup clash with Chippenham League rivals AFC Melksham, who put up a brave fight with 10 men before losing 6-4.

Melksham led through a Paul Gittins goal at the break. Jack Fisher’s double put Worton 2-1 ahead before James Dark restored parity for Melksham. Tom Slater regained the lead for Worton once more only for Dark to level for Melksham. Slater then made it 4-3 but the 10 men of Melksham hit back as Jordan Kirk brought things back level. Slater edged Worton ahead once more and he finally sealed the win with his fourth of the morning.

Even though they played the whole of their cup clash away at Salisbury League outfit A2B Taxis with 10 men, Lion & Fiddle came away with a 6-0 success.

Aaron Seviour, Conner McKay and Kierran Ramsey shared the goals between them with a brace each.

Sporting Box suffered an 11-1 battering away at Salisbury League opponents Bulford. Lee Grealish scored their consolation.

Wednesday Warriors’ cup run ended with a 7-0 defeat away at Swindon League side Marlborough Atletico.

Having already beaten Biddestone twice in the league this term, New Inn Wacker completed a hat trick of victories over their Chippenham League stable-mates courtesy of a 5-2 victory.

Biddestone took a 2-0 lead via goals from Jamie Strevens and Keenan Burrell but a Steve Badger penalty and Lee Fordham’s effort levelled things up before half-time. A second from Fordham and a goal each for Jamie Gibbon and Season Horobin sealed the win for Wacker after the break.

Old Road had a nightmare trip to Salisbury for their game with the Village Freehouse, who had to find an alternative venue to host the game, which meant the match kicked off an hour late.

Road eventually prevailed as goals from Sam Van Weenan and Shamus Mooney earned them a 2-1 success after extra time.