All the latest from the games that went ahead in the Shoestrings-chargrill Chippenham & District Sunday Football League


The only match from Division One to beat the elements was at Sutton Benger where hosts Kingfisher welcomed The Foresters Arms, who were looking for a victory that would take them into fourth place in the standings behind North Star Club, New Inn Wacker and Lion & Fiddle who all missed out due to the weather.

The Foresters duly obliged with a 9-3 success that leaves the Fishermen facing a real challenge to beat the drop to Division two. A Mikki Harrison own goal gave Kingfisher the lead, Stuart Barber got the Foresters back on level terms before Harrison atoned for his own goal blooper by putting the Melksham based side 2-1 up.

Jason Forde restored parity for the hosts only for Foresters to regain the lead before half time thanks to a first of the morning for Kai Miller.

The second half proved to be a lot more one sided as both Barber and Miller added to their first half efforts, Pete Gainey, Sean Mear and a couple from Luke Turvey made up the Foresters tally, while Chris Cox scored the third Kingfisher goal.


Division Two leaders, Royal Oak hosted third-placed Pack Horse in what proved to be a thriller as Royal Oak who went into the game with a 100% record had to overturn a 2-1 half time deficit to extend their winning run to 15 matches and take them ever closer to claiming the title by the end of next month

A stunning Mark Nolan strike and a Max Wyatt effort had cancelled out Chris O’Donovan’s opener for Royal Oak to give Gary Williamson’s side who went into the game unbeaten in seven a deserved half time lead.

Royal Oak fashioned an equaliser through a second Chris O’Donovan finish and they wrapped up their 15th straight win thanks to Matt Russell’s well placed headed finish.

Chippenham Icons who were seen by many as possible challengers to the Royal Oak suffered a first defeat in nine outings after they were beaten 4-0 by a youthful FC Devizes United outfit, who has seen their own title aspirations disappear a while ago.

After a goalless first half Devizes found their scoring boots with Charlie Strickland scored twice, Jordan Anning and striking free kick from Declan McStravick sealed the points for the youngsters.

After going close in their previous two matches. Steeple Ashton finally chalked up their second victory of the campaign, a 5-3 triumph over Wednesday Warriors saw them end a 16 match winless run that stretched back to early September.

4-2 up at the break courtesy of goals from Billy Wilkins-Pratt, Tom A’Court and a Chris Hillman double, the question was could they hold out in the second period.

Harry Bodymore added to Ethan Green and Callum Hotine’s first half efforts for Warriors to make things a little more interesting, but when Aaron Burbidge superbly volleyed home David Raine’s inch perfect free kick to make it 5-3, Ashton’s win was secured.