MINETY romped to their biggest win of the season as they walloped Frome 2nds 38-0.

The result allowed the Villagers to jump up two places to eighth in Dorset & Wilts One North.

What the season now holds, however, remains to be seen after the RFU postponed all rugby activity due to the coronavirus.

Frome’s confident handling saw them dominate the early minutes but fine, aggressive Minety tackling pinned the Somerset team in their own half, flanker Kieran Tillotson leading the way.

Minety opened the scoring in the eighth minute as Tillotson stole a Frome lineout deep in their 22 and second row Bram Coleman flicked the ball out to Sam Hughes, who burst forward and was brought down a metre from the line.

The ball was recycled across the pitch for hooker Mark Glew to launch an attack out wide on the left and from the ensuing ruck Garin Garland spotted Andrew Hibbard’s beautifully timed run and the captain raced over beneath the posts. Garland converted for a 7-0 lead.

As Frome hit back, Minety’s tackling was exceptional with hardly a tackle missed. Flankers Jay Thompson and Tillotson closed down space and Frome struggled to break the gainline time and time again.

Garland increased the lead in the 31st minute after Frome were penalised 30 metres out for a dump tackle on Tillotson.

The second try came after Frome’s kick-off sailed into touch. Minety took full advantage in a move that ended with Dave Cooke sidestepping the defence to slip through a narrow gap and go over under the posts, leaving Garland a simple conversion.

Jesse Dyball was unable to pick up with the tryline begging, but the third try soon arrived.

After a Hughes penalty pinned Frome deep in their 22, Hibbard caught the lineout, the Minety forwards gathered and pushed the Frome defence back for prop Andy Darrell collected to drive over. Garland converted well from the right for a 24-0 interval advantage.

Attacking up the hill in the second period, when Minety broke free they played lovely rugby, exemplified by a flowing move from a lineout, which ended in Hughes beating four tackles en route to the line. Garland converted.

Rather than sitting back, Minety launched attack after attack on the tiring defence, Hugo Beanland brought down metres from the line.

Their fifth and final try came in the 67th minute. From a scrum on halfway, Hibbard collected at the base of the scrum. When he was halted, the ball came back to garland who kicked over the Frome defence, Alex Binnie pouncing on a stray pass to race in wide left for the final, converted score.

Elsewhere in Dorset & Wilts One North, Melksham raced to a 65-0 home win over Chippenham 2nds.

Marlborough 2nds were also comfortable winners as Bradford-on-Avon were beaten 58-0.

Warminster fell 48-12 to league leaders Avonvale.

And in Southern Counties South action, Corsham overcame North Dorset 33-22, while Swindon College Old Boys left Thatcham with a 20-14 triumph.