FOLLOWING this weekend’s 2-0 win at home to Odd Down, Melksham Town manager Kieran Baggs issued a strong warning against complacency from his side.

Mike Perrott put the hosts ahead at Oakfields when he slotted home following some good work from Joe Stradling.

Stradling then went from provider to scorer in the 70th minute as his sixth goal of the campaign sealed progress in the Les Phillips Cup.

The win came after a defeat in their match with Chippenham Town in the Wiltshire Senior Cup last week, and with a Premier Division fixture with Cribbs waiting for them on Saturday, Baggs believes it was a timely victory for his troops.

“It was good to bounce back after Tuesday, although when you go to Chippenham Town in the Wiltshire Senior Cup, you are expected to lose,” he said.

“The performance was good, but it still goes down as a loss so the last thing I wanted was to go into a big game with Cribbs at the weekend after having two losses.

“It’s not good for morale, so to get a good comfortable win on Saturday was good, but I said to the lads the performance has got to improve for (this) Saturday.

“We got a little bit complacent in recent weeks so I let them know before the game and at half-time as well.

“Saying that, I don’t think Odd Down had a shot on goal in the whole 90 minutes so credit to the defence for that.”

Defensively, Melksham have been immense in recent times, something which has earned goalkeeper Rob Brown the Toolstation League Safe Hands award.

The 23-year-old has kept a remarkable seven clean sheets in his last nine outings for the club and the Melksham manager believes the man between the sticks is only going to get better.

“Rob fully deserved that award and if you spoke to him he’d say about how good it has been playing with the back four,” he said.

Bradford Town were also involved in Les Phillips Cup action last Friday night, but were knocked out 3-2 by their hosts, Street.

The home side took a 2-0 lead before Martin Lenihan’s brace pulled them back level before half time. With the game ending 2-2, extra time was required but within two minutes of the restart, Street grabbed a goal be the winner.

Warminster Town were 2-1 winners over high-flying First Division rivals Cheddar.

The home side were on the back of an 11-match streak without a win and had been hammered 5-1 at home by Cheddar only two weeks earlier, but prevailed as skipper Kevin Shinn and Reece Collyer, with a stunning lob from the halfway line, netted.

Corsham Town are out as they were beaten 2-0 at Buckland Athletic, while First Division leaders Westbury United lost 4-0 at Wellington.

Westbury had the chance to redeem themselves on Tuesday night when they came up against Keynsham Town.

Neil Kirkpatrick’s side took the lead within two minutes at Crown Fields, before being pegged back to 1-1 by a Matthew Long strike.

In the second half Westbury were reduced to 10 men, as the game finished 1-1.

Royal Wootton Bassett proved too strong for Trowbridge Town in the Wiltshire Senior Cup as Bassett picked up a 4-0 win.