SECOND Division outfit Heytesbury produced the upset of the day as they defeated first division Hilperton United to book their place in this seasons semi-finals of the AM Print & Copy-sponsored A&B Cup.

A Craig Sheppard-inspired performance saw the underdogs claim a 5-2 extra-time win over the visitors to Heytesbury Park.

Heytesbury fell behind after nine minutes via a Jake Samuel goal and when Ryan Underwood doubled the lead for Hilperton in the 34th minute it looked as if they were heading out of the competition.

However, two goals in the space of five minutes both from Craig Sheppard sent the teams into the break at two each.

Mike Payne went close to putting Heytesbury ahead, but saw his effort hit the bar and his keeper Sam Spratt produced a great double stop on 66 minutes to keep it at 2-2.

At the death Kyle Edwards had the chance to win it for Heytesbury but saw his penalty saved.

Three goals in the final 10 minutes of extra-time saw Heytesbury to victory, Sheppard set up Ashley Kinkead to give the home team the lead for the first time in the tie.

Sheppard then scored from the spot to complete his hat-trick and his fourth goal of the afternoon on the stroke of full time sealed the victory for Heytesbury.

With their own pitch at the Sullis Club unplayable, Aces switched their A&B Cup clash to the home of opponents Trowbridge Town Reserves and they were rewarded with a place in the semi-finals after a goal in each half earned them a 2-0 win.

Aces took the lead on five minutes through Vijay Manro and Kegan Smart’s 80th minute effort sealed the win for his side who came up trumps to seal an unexpected win over their first division opponents.

Top-flight sides Freshford United and Three Daggers met in the Knockout Cup a few weeks ago.

On that occasion it was Freshford who prevailed, winning 4-2 and once again it was Chris Birleson’s side came out on top in what was a thrilling contest which they won 1-0.

After a goal less first half, Nick Ross played in Dave Percival, who calmly rounded the keeper and tucked the ball away to win if for Freshford.

The battle of first division stablemates and near neighbours Semington Magpies and Melksham Town A went the way of Melksham who, after a goalless first 45 minutes scraped their way to a 2-1 success over their rivals.

Jack Woolsgrove broke the deadlock for Melksham and although Jake Abbott restored parity for Semington, youngster Dan Watts back post header in the final 10 minutes saw them through to the semi-finals.